Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Just because a movie is good does not necessary mean the sets are also good.

Depends. I won’t believe you like that better than…

You mean like favorite 40$ set of all time?

1 Like

But if the set is good, and the movie is great, the set is better.

Yeah, best set I can afford and hold in my hands

So… then this was a bad idea?

You say that, yet he just went on about how he thinks the set is good

4 Likes

The figures are great but the whole idea of “Mandarin’s flaming golf Kart” was a bit silly

And this is not an unpopular opinion but I’m offended @Toa_Radrix missed these babies, the best sets of the non licensed

4 Likes

Changed my mind, that’s a much better set

He just randomly trew in some random sets, the ones you showed are probably better…

1 Like

Alright, so I’m gonna come in and say if this topic turns into a “I don’t like that you like licensed sets, here are a bunch of original themes” discussion again, the involved parties will be given a warning and possibly a suspension.

@LegoDavid You have a habit of this. There are proper topics for this kind of conversation. Not everyone will enjoy what you enjoy, there is little need for this conversion tactic.

For the record, Beware the Vulture is a really good set.

6 Likes

Okay, now that I have a little bit of time, I’ll go into what I meant.

I’m not saying Beware the Vulture is the best system set, not by a long shot. I’m also not saying that if I was given every LEGO set, BtV would beat them all.

What I mean is it may just be my favorite. I’ve gone into a few reasons why, and while those may be semi-biased on the fact that Homecoming is my second favorite Marvel movie (even that includes some bias), it still is a really good set.

But, you may ask, why do I like this set more than Ninjago City, debated by some to be the best set every? Or the Slave I, the super-epic ship of your favorite Star Wars character? Or any system set with Ehlek?

To that, my answer is simple. Because I don’t have them. Don’t get me wrong, I can still like a set without owning it. I love those sets, they’re cool to look at, and imagine holding. But that’s as far as I can go. Without touching them, messing with the function, pressing down each and every sticker, clicking together every piece, scoping every pro and con, I can’t enjoy them to the extent I can with my personal sets.

I still have sets I hold to high regard. D.Va and Reinhardt easily takes… second? Third? Okay, I have a harder time labeling sets in my list of favorites than I pretend to. Picking favorites is hard for me. But Beware the Vulture I don’t feel bad about putting up there. I just have had so much fun messing around with it, it’s crazy.

Also, though this doesn’t seem too unpopular, Molten Man is my favorite Far From Home set. The Venice set looks cool, but I won’t be purchasing it out of necessity like I will be Molten Man. Yes, the head is weird, but I’m hoping it will be better in person.

And War Machine Buster is the best Endgame set, despite it not have proper elbows. Quinjet and Hall of Armor are up there too, but the other two are really just “eh.” I guess that isn’t super unpopular of an opinion, though…

2 Likes

Alright, this is Bionicle, but I absolutely adore the Mata-My I Matoran from 2003. Their builds were great for what they were, and as I’m aware the only Matoran with gear functions. They also had the only Kohli sticks ever seen in sets, re-used the Tohumga feet, and due to the Vahki, you could actually get some of their peices in the Metru colors, great for mocing. While I will always like the Mctoran, these guys will always be the definitive Matoran for me.

3 Likes

To all these sets I just say yes.

To stay on topic though, I hate the Metru-Toran. They’re basic and I prefer the Mahri-Toran, the only redeeming quality is the blended mask.

1 Like

Then if you where able to get one of those sets for free, you would choose that one?

To stay on topic,
The Batman Movie, Ninjago Movie and LEGO Movie 2 felt more like extended adverisments than movies, too be honest.

I would like docks or the mining tower thing, great sets.

I haven’t seen the Lego movie 2 but I agree the Ninjago movie felt like an advertisement. The sets are great tho.

2 Likes

Trust me, it feels the same way as the Ninjago Movie. The past LEGO movies felt like were meant to be just advertisments instead of cinematic movies. And same was with the Batman movie too.

I feel the Ninjago Movie was an advertisement not as much for the sets but for Ninjago in general. I still really enjoy it, though.

The LEGO Batman Movie sets were primarily so unimportant in the movie I feel that it’s not really fair to say it is that way.

Partially the same with LEGO Movie 2, the only thing they really advertised as worth buying is the Escape Buggy, Ultrakatty, and the Rexcelsior. It didn’t have it as bad as the LEGO Batman Movie did with sets-to-film, but I feel it holds as a stand-alone movie rather fine.

1 Like

People don’t have to like the same things you do.

Seems like you’re really looking for an argument.

That’s the great thing with lego, David.

Everyone can like whatever they want.

If it’s not your thing, ok, don’t go around saying peoples opinions on what makes a good lego set are wrong. You’re on a lego message board, you realize how insignificant that is?

4 Likes

I recommend the Lego movie 2!

Agreed. Most sets aren’t even that important in the movie. Some barely appear a second, and get sets of.

And I really don’t like this. Ok, let’s be serious, a whole set for ONLY ONE CHARACTER?

Oh and this:

Queen Watevra appeared as a horse for barely a few seconds. This is only one little scene

While I too recommend it too, there were many aspects of it that felt like extended advertising, although it was still a pretty good movie.

While it wasn’t a bad movie by any means, I think this one is the one that felt like and advertisment the most. It was a wasted potential, to be honest. Instead of giving something worth of being called Ninjago, we get that silly Giant Cat plot, which felt like anything but Ninjago. Come on, Ninjago deserves something better than that…

And that never happened before?

3 Likes