Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

I like Lego Constraction Bootlegs for their recolored and custom parts. They’re quite useful for MOCing.

7 Likes

I feel you. From what I understand many are of similar quality to LEGO. I wonder… did LEGO patent CCBS? Because they presumably invested a lot of time into developing it that bootleg companies don’t have to do.

3 Likes

I’m not sure that they did.

Even if they did patent CCBS, that wouldn’t stop Chinese manufacturers from producing knock-offs. It’s an interesting question that’s worth looking into though.

1 Like

I can’t find anything. The only thing I can find is this pitch/poster thing, that I’m sure we’ve all seen.

I know I’ve seen it a billion times.

2 Likes

here in this topic we confess our controversial LEGO opinions, wrong doings, and thoughts.

I’ll start:

I like Rex Dangervest more than Emmet and I would rather see more of Rex in the future than Emmet

8 Likes

When I was younger I made a circular saw out of a power functions motor and a 40 tooth gear. I then proceeded to go around sawing a bunch of random pieces. I now have a bunch of rare Star Wars figures with no eyebrows, some bus windows with 5 cuts in them, and Han Solo with a slit in the front of his hair.

I was a really stupid child.

7 Likes

I feel Znap is underappreciated

4 Likes

I use sharpies to color a mask/helmet I have. It one such thing that I don’t regret

I had a friend who threw away all of his brother’s 2001 bionicle sets, because in his opinion, they weren’t real lego.

I painted a lego rockmonster silver, I cut apart RCX wires to attach them to an erector set motor.

I cut out the center eye divider on a blue kanohi miru.

3 Likes

I think Bionicle 2009 is underrated.

I once glued two axles together to get a 12.5L axle.

I don’t hesitate to heavily customize my pieces.

Agreed, I love the world design and pseudo-political system that the glatorian are based around, not to mention the return of mata red

1 Like

My first ever bionicle toy was McDonald’s Takadox

1 Like

Hero Factory is cooler than Bionicle

1 Like

I once melted the edge of a 2×8 Lego piece with a candle. As a kid sometimes I wouldn’t throw out fake Lego bricks because I was lazy. I have never completed a Bionicle game.

Bionicle’s Story is not as good as people give it credit for.

1 Like

I’d rather have a completely new Constraction theme rather than Bionicle G3.

5 Likes

I want Bionicle G3, but I don’t want the Mata to be the first wave of Toa. I think it’d be neat if the Av-Matoran from ‘08 became Toa.

3 Likes

Scala and Belville need more love

2 Likes

The larger scale parts like the belville pot need to come back.

2 Likes