Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Cars 2 was too different imo. It didn’t have the nostalgic feel of the other two. It just wasn’t cars.

I liked last jedi too.

Eh, idk. I don’t think IM3 was as bad as people think, but far from as good as the other two.

AMATW was good, but not as good as most other Marvel movies. It was pretty repetitive. (They think they’ve gotten away, ppl appear out of no where to fight)

Haven’t seen it.

1 Like

While I agree on the Fact that Cars 2 was different from the other Cars Movies, IMO, this Spy-Comedy Type works best with Cars Rather then any other of the Pixar Movies. While Racing was not the main point of the movie, it still had an important part. But it was a fun, well made movie. If it wasn’t with that Cars Name on, people would have loved it 100%

Also, I think Cars 3 was not that great and Cars 2 was way better then it.

I agree with all of this.

And this.
(I love the cars films. Sorry. Don’t hate me.)

2 Likes

More of my unpopular opinions:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was actually pretty good. Aliens arren’t even the main point of the movie. the Russians are .That alien just shows up at the end of the movie, and I had no problem with it. It kept all of the Indiana Jones-style adventure and action, and If you think of it that way, It’s actually a pretty good sequel. And also that crystal skull (which, yes belonged to an alien, but there is nothing bad about that) was an interesting artifact that the story was made on. So, this movie is not bad at any means.

Aslo I think Temple of Doom was very good. I know, it got a little dark at the middle of the film, but after that, it’s amazing. Even if you hate this movie, you can’t forget that mine cart chase scene (one of the most iconic in the whole francize in my opinion.) Overall, If you don’t care about the dark elements, It’s a great movie. (Le’s also not forget this is one of the original movies, unlike Kingdom of Crystal Skull)

I likes Pirates of the Carribean 3 better then the first one.

I don’t know how popular this opinion is, but I thing on Stranger Tides (fourth movie of Pirates on the Carribean) is absolute TRASH. One of the worst movies I have ever seen. And a popular movie YouTuber said it was better then 2 and 3. I can’t belive he really said that, and I won’t forgive him for that!

I think LEGO Batman movie was the worst out of the three. Why is LEGO just so obsessed with frekin’ BATMAN?!?!?!

I agree with all of this as well.

1 Like

You walked right into that one.
Anyway, I agree with you on the Pirates of the Carribean movies, though I still think The Black Pearl is the best. Iron Man 3 is good, but it’s just not as metal as Iron Man 1. I don’t know what you see in Cars 2, but to each their own.

9 Likes

Not so much an opinion as a fact but I haven’t seen any pirates of the carribean movies

You really should watch them (at least the original one, if you are not really into it.)

What are the most overrated movies In your opinion?

I think the Star Wars franchise is way to overrated. Sure, they are very good, classic movies (at least that is what it used to be), but other then that, why is it so overrated? So many SW comics, books, TV Shows, anthologies, why? Is just a movie franchise, like any other. And the Internet is always flooded with SW theories and such. I love the movies, and they are definitely one of my favourites. But I don’t consider anything outside the movies to be cannon to me. I just don’t care about any extended universe that they keep creating. In conclusion, SW is a great franchise, but WAY TO OVERRATED.

I also think the Disney movies are overrated. You always see pictures on Disney Princess on walls of Kindergardens, and people always sing those songs from the movies. Again good movies, but just why I see Disney Princesses EVERTWHERE?

Also Minions. There is nothing special about them, but I see them everywhere. And too much hype for that minions movie. Like in the case of Disney, I SEE MINIONS EVERYWHERE!

What you describe here is the fact that these franchises are over-marketed, meaning that too many products, tie-in stories, etc. are being made around them. To think that something is over-marketed is not the same with thinking that something is overrated.

2 Likes

Greatest Showman is overrated.

Harry Potter is overrated.

2 Likes

Ok, I just want to say that the greatest showman is an expertly crafted masterpiece of a movie that never should have been made. I say this because though the movie itself is good, the idea of glorifying P T Barnem in the way that it does is just sickening.

7 Likes

Greatest showman was the best musical i have ever seen.
Which is saying quite a bit.
Most of the musicals o have seen are stuff like frozen and tangled.
Solo was trash. The story didn’t really match with anything else in the SWU or the SWCU

1 Like

I. Just. HATE. ATTACK OF THE TITAN. I’ve never watched a single episode, and this is because I just can’t. I watched ONCE a Film Theory video about AotT. ONCE. And I couldn’t sleep AN ENTIRE MONTH!!! You can say that I am silly, but that show is just scarring the slags out of me!

The overrated movie topic is closed, so back to unpopular opinions…

I think Phantom Menace is the best Film from the prequel trilogy. I really don’t see why people hate Jar Jar so much.

Also, Revenge of the Sith, while is a good movie, is too dark for me, so is my least favorite from the prequel trilogy.

1 Like

Back when I had seen only 1, 4, 5, and 6, Phantom was my favorite Star Wars movie (This was a while ago). I always thought Jar-Jar was hilarious and that the fight scenes were more exciting. A couple years later, I watched 2, and that became my favorite, and then 3 did when I finally watched that. Revenge of the Sith still remains my favorite of the original 6 movies.

1 Like

Episode 3 is probably my favorite star wars movie.

1 Like

Episode 8 is my favorite, also I think star trek the motion picture is the best trek movie

1 Like

That’s true, but I loved the movie, and have nostalgia with the Greatest Show on Earth. [quote=“LegoDavid, post:233, topic:44421”]
Minions
[/quote]
Those things are way over marketed. Rating-wise, they’ve died though.

My opinion is biased by the fact that I grew up liking Star Wars and that it’s always been one of my favorite franchises, but I disagree. [quote=“LegoDavid, post:233, topic:44421”]
Disney movies
[/quote]
Again a question of the marketing. I like Disney movies a lot. I think they’re very visually stunning, and well-written. They’ve definitely had their setbacks and learning experiences I’m looking at you Hercules

The reason I disliked it is them shoehorning in the aliens for almost no reason. If they made the aliens fit and flow with the rest the movie, I wouldn’t dislike it.

Not exactly unpopular for people who don’t like gore.

On the other hand AoT is kinda a bad show that I can barely get myself to sit through.

1 Like

Well it is a horror series, so it must be doing it’s job.

1 Like