Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Captain Marvel (Movie)

Um, no, I mean reviews after the movie came out.

Iā€™ll also say while the score didnā€™t go up very high, all the reports say that very few of the review appeared to be spam, on the other handā€¦

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/az4qdr/captian_marvel_bots_spam_rotten_tomatoes_with

I understand that this is a Reddit post, but it sums up the problem pretty well. Not only were 50k reviews removed, but someone utilized bots to spread positive reviews on top of that.

@EmperorDuckie While the politics were a extractor for me, what bugged me the most was the amount of retconning it did within the MCU, which previously only really had Incredible Hulk as a retcon.

After watching Unbreakble and Split, I can say that I donā€™tmlike Glass as much anymore. This is not the sequel I want from two movie so awesome as they are. However, this remains one of my favourite franchises of all time, up there with the MCU.

I saw Solo

I liked it

1 Like

People did like it, the problem is that it wasnā€™t anything great. Itā€™s a enjoyable Star Wars movie, but not that memorable.

I meanā€¦ i still remember it.

1 Like

Itā€™s not forgettable it wasnā€™t the boycott that damaged it, it was poor marketing, the first trailer came only three months before!

4 Likes

I think movies like Rogue One and Solo are where Disney should take Star Wars. Flesh out the universe a bit more before adding another three movies to it.

2 Likes

Flush out the universe?

Rogue One was created from a sentence in a title crawl.

Solo was created from a few scattered iconic lines.

There is so much to Star Wars that Iā€™d love to see that the sequels will never do.

2 Likes

We might be lucky. I mean, Disney has huge plans for the SWU.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Old Republic is looking good.

I think the new Disney remakes of all their old movies are garbage.
I dislike them. A lot.

I still havenā€™t watched the trailer.

Flesh out. Its an obvious typo.

Yes, letā€™s call it that, definitely not me just getting the saying wrong or anything

3 Likes

Rogue one is probably the best Star Wars movie yet imo. By far the best Disney but maybe even better than the prequels and even the OGs

1 Like

Just saw it recently and I should say that I also agree. The movie has itā€™s flaws, but in the end itā€™s a pretty enjoyable and welcome audition to the Western Genre.

2 Likes

Mind you though, Star Wars things can be good from just a hint, I know this line was removed but a movie about this could be of interest

ā€˜I doubt if the actual security there is any greater than it was on Aquilae or Sullust and what there is is most likely directed towards a large-scale assaultā€™

A movie about the empires rule over those planets would be interesting

Uh

Well

ā€¦

I donā€™t like endgame

5 Likes

Tries to contain inner nerd

3 Likes