Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

I don’t understand this[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:62, topic:44421”]
I wasn’t the biggest fan of “the LEGO Movie”
[/quote]
It wasn’t my favorite but I still liked it[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:62, topic:44421”]
didn’t like “the LEGO Batman Movie”
[/quote]
It was good until the joker brought all the liscensed villains in imo

Agreed

2 Likes

I almost liked you message until I saw what you said about Tom Holland.

Anyways, my favorite of the old Spider-Man trilogy was 3.

I liked Amazing Spider-Man 2.

2 Likes

Tom Holland isn’t mature enough for my liking. It may be more accurate to the comics (I never read them so I don’t know) but it doesn’t work for me.

I had to add that zinger. :wink:

I think he is mature in the ways he should be, but is still very youthful. I overall enjoy him as an actor.

2 Likes

I think it could be that because I matured sooner than most at a young age that his portrayal isn’t relatitable and feels rather cringy to me. :confused:
To each their own.

Oh that makes sense.

1 Like

I rank the Lord of the Rings films as the greatest/best movies.
I think “Infinity War” was the best Marvel movie followed by “Thor Ragnarok”.
I liked the Incredible Hulk movie and felt Edward Norton was a better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.
I am not a big fan of superhero movies in general…(My older sister loves them though so I’ve pretty much seen them all). I am superhero fatigued. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (though Infinity War still stands out to me as a great film)

This isn’t unpopular though? I’ve seen even people who don’t normally like superhero films say it’s the best.

6 Likes

For me, “It changes from moment to moment”-Loki. It was definitely a brilliant film, but all the cosmic stuff could get annoying after a while. I doubt we’ll see another Captain America: Winter Soldier-esque movie (it was either my favorite or second favorite Marvel movie)[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:70, topic:44421”]
followed by “Thor Ragnarok”
[/quote]
I didn’t think it was THAT good, but it was good.[quote=“RAKRONDEWL, post:70, topic:44421”]
I liked the Incredible Hulk movie and felt Edward Norton was a better Bruce Banner than Mark Ruffalo.
[/quote]
I liked it too. Maybe better than Iron Man. But I don’t think Edward was a better Hulk. I feel like he’d make a better wolverine. I do think hes a good actor, but Banner’s a scientist, not a cologne model.

1 Like

I haven’t met someone who disliked it but I don’t know anyone who thought it was the best.

I think it has more to do with their builds. Norton is a lean guy who turned it to a hulking monster whereas Ruffalo has a more husky build who turned into hulking monster. The contrast of the first really sells the innocent scientist who turns into a monster. The second feels more like a buff guy getting bigger and greener as he gets more angry. Ruffalo also never sounds like he is completely there which for some reason really annoys me.

I haven’t seen Black Panther and have absolutely no intention of doing so. I’ve heard that it’s good and clever and all that, but then I heard there’s a “What are those” joke in it, and I immediately though “Oh. It’s that kind of movie. Alright then…” and have had zero interest in seeing it since then.

1 Like

I don’t remember that. it really isn’t that kind of movie.

That’s kind of understandable, but yknow. He’s a scientist.
As for the builds, that’s understandable

1 Like

It’s honestly just disappointing to see an MCU film stoop that low, even for a moment. And from that I’ve seen, Black Panther just feels like an outlire or a black sheep compared to the other MCU films, at least in tone and feeling.

Really? I thought it was amazing!

I’m not saying it’s bad. Just that it doesn’t feel like an MCU film to me the same way the others do. Maybe I’ll give it a watch sometime in the future.

I didn’t think the Thor movies fit the “superhero” category… I still recommend it.

My friend said Infinity War “doesn’t feel like a Marvel Movie”. I replied to him, what does? You have comedy from Guardians, Iron Man, and Ant Man, Sci-Fi for Thor Ragnarok and Guardians, heist from Ant-Man, high-school from Homecoming, seriousness from Cap and Black Panther, and magic from Dr Strange. I really see Marvel as a series of interlocking types of movies, so if Marvel Studios made it, I say it feels like a Marvel Movie.

Unlike other views of Black Panther I’ve seen on here, I found the first act uninteresting. The movie got good after they introduce Klaue (think that’s how his name was spelled)

1 Like

And it even brings some of its own stuff in the form of five to ten horrifically long and extremely depressing minutes at the end, not to mention the biggest cliffhanger in the entire MCU.

1 Like

I don’t know man, Iron Man 3’s “elevator in Switzerland” end credit scene sent chills through my spine!

But still. Kill off all your favorite characters, then cut to the sh*t head that did it, looking out at a random sunset, then end movie. How do you get more cliffhanger than that?