Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

People say Prometheus gets unrealistic when the one guy goes to touch the alien worm. I feel that is a bit unfair because we all know there would be people that would do that…even people who get selected to go on important space voyages.

I will also argue that Shaw and Vickers running straight while trying to avoid being crushed by the space ship was not too unrealistic. Think about it for a second: where would your brain be if that was happening to you? But hey, everybody is different.

Prometheus definitely has some issues, but I feel some aspects are not as bad as people think.

1 Like

This I understand. In that kind of situation, it’s noting but adrenaline and instincts. Though if it were me, I think I’d have the common sense to at least veer to the right a bit.

2 Likes

Too be fair, that should be pretty obvious. I cannot fault the movie too much, but I would have personally done that if I was a film maker working on Prometheus.

1 Like

Just saw Iron Man 3, and I thought it was pretty good. I even liked the Mandarin reveal; a bit of a disservice to his role in the comics, but it makes for a twist that even long-time Marvel fans wouldn’t have seen coming.

2 Likes

I agree. Story-wise I thought it was the best. Iron Man 2 was my favorite though

2 Likes

I’m sorry but you’re objectively wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Really though, not an opinion I can understand. I disliked the movie even before I started learning about proper storytelling, which says loads about it to me. Tony spends too much of the movie acting like a buffoon, Justin Hammer is a joke on both sides of the screen, and a lot of the events feel jumbled and out of place. That being said, your opinion is yours to make.

1 Like

I just thought combining story comedy and action scenes it was on top

1 Like

Just because a twist is unexpected doesn’t make it good.

1 Like

While Iron Man 2 wasn’t my favorite, the ending fight, suitcase armor, and War Machine redeemed it for me. Objectively though, it has problems.

2 Likes

Iron Man 3 is, in my opinion, the best of the Iron Men, with a complex plot, Stark using his wit to track the Mandarin rather than his suit, and a twist that no one saw coming. Oh, and the final battle scene was one of the best in Marvel history, until Pepper ruined everything as usual.

Isn’t that the point of a twist? I mean, I know people hated it, but aren’t twists just turns for the unexpected? If so, the twist in this movie was amazing, but maybe that’s just because I liked Trevor Slattery’s Mandarin.

Iron Man 2, however, was not my favorite, but I still like it more than the first. War Machine was great, Mark IV was great (suitcase armor), Black Widow debuted, and references to Cap and Thor were cool. Oh, and Phil Coulson! I never really saw Hammer as the main villain for this movie, Whiplash was always the guy pulling the strings. As for Whiplash, I thought he was cool, and it would have been nice to see him in another movie.

2 Likes

I agree, but I liked hammer. He was fun[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:133, topic:44421”]
Cap
[/quote]

Don’t remember that

1 Like

Same

Also, I finished watching Pirates 5, and didn’t hate it. It’s my fourth favorite, but that’s not because I don’t like it. I don’t like what I’ve seen of 4, so it’s beat that one.

1 Like

The problem with the twist in Iron Man 3 was that it wasn’t used to do anything interesting. Instead of an intimidating villain like the Mandarin we got just another business dude that hated Tony for some reason. This was during a time where Marvel movies already had a hard time making interesting villains, and they took a villain that may have been somewhat interesting, and made him a joke. I don’t even read comics and I was miffed.

In addition, I don’t think anyone would have guessed if Tony Stark would turn out to be just a robot suit for a hyper-intelligent baby, but if that happened pretty much everyone would agree that it was stupid.

3 Likes

Got me there! But that’d still fit the definition of a twist well. :smile:

1 Like

I really really really really really really really really don’t know why peoples hated Men in Black 3.

I honestly don’t know how popular these opinions are (I change the title to encompass them), but we’ll see:

I think Legends of Tomorrow is a good show, I really liked the seconds and third season.

Flash I know is popular, but I loved Season 1, 2 was okay, 4 was good, but I did not like Season 3.

Agents of SHIELD is a great show, but my favorite season is tied for 1 and 5. Once the show delved into Inhumans, I felt it lost the flare of the first season, with the mystery and the fact that they aren’t really supposed to be super heroes. 5 toned it down a lot, and was great. 2 was good, 4 took too many different directions, and 3 just focused way too much on Inhumans in my opinion.

Shhhh no spoilers I’m only just finishing up S1! :stuck_out_tongue: I love the show. It started out a little hokey but even just progressing through season one you can see improvement in acting, special effects, and writing(which was already good imo)

2 Likes

I feel like people who have seen the show would agree with that. Season 1 isn’t the greatest, but it definitely ends on a high note and just keeps getting better from there. (I’d say more, but this isn’t the topic for that and no spoilers).

1 Like

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister
@EmperorDuckie

I’ll have to agree with both of you. Agents of Shield is the best Marvel TV show out there. And it hits its peak at season 6 part one, (or whatever aired last fall.) They really stepped up the quality on the acting and everyone felt natural. The twists were good and even though the setting was, eh, the story pulled through.

2 Likes

The only other one I’ve seen was Agent Carter, which was also amazing, but I think SHIELD is better

1 Like