Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Season 1 of Agent Carter was great. Season 2 was, ok. But yeah, Agents gets better.

I almost cried at goodbye my darling

1 Like

I am going to say something scary.
Iā€¦
Iā€¦
I actually enjoyed all of the 5 Transformers movies. I know their flaws, but they are all around 7 or more.

1 Like

I didnā€™t enjoy the first Godzilla movie when it came out, but now I like it a lot more. Iā€™m excited for the new one, and I donā€™t care at all if itā€™s good or not!

I never understood the hype around the original Teen Titans (granted, I never watched it. I can probably understand why considering my experience with Young Justice).

I donā€™t think Teen Titans Go is horrible. At least the original episodes.

1 Like

You mean the fifties ones? Those are crap :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ok, hereā€™s my opinions:

I didnā€™t like the Greatest Showman.
I liked the Lego Ninjago Movie.
Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man.
I think Cars is a good film.
I think the Lego Batman Movie is the worst Lego movie.

3 Likes

Finally somebody that shares my opinion!

2 Likes

Finally, someone who shares my opinion!

3 Likes

I agree with all of those! Iā€™m not saying I didnā€™t like the Lego Batman Movie, though, I enjoyed it.

1 Like

Itā€™s not that I didnā€™t enjoy the Lego Batman Movie, I just think the others are better.

1 Like

The first Cars is a good film.

Itā€™s the other Cars I have a problem with.

1 Like

@EmperorDuckie, I actually do like Master of Disguise!
I like Terrance Howardā€™s James Rhodes more than Don Cheadleā€™s.
Toy Story 2 is the worst Toy Story by far.
Iron Fist is pretty good, though still definitely the worst Marvel Netflix show (except perhaps Jessica Jones season 2).
Iā€™d be more hyped for another Bill & Ted than another John Wick.
The '98 Godzilla is drastically better than the 2014 one.
Spider-Man 3 is better than 2.
Rick & Morty Season 3, while containing the leas great episodes, contained the highest average quality on the good episodes. Also, all of Season 3 was better than Interdemensional Cable 2.
The Giver (the book) sucks, though the movie is just bland and average.
Green Slime has the greatest movie theme song.
The 80s GI Joe movie is the third best 4th of July movie.

1 Like

Excellent!

Plays air guitar in hope that it will actually happen

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly what I think!

1 Like

I absolutely like the Star Wars prequel trilogy, even that I still know that these movies have sequences with bad dialogue and strange plot-points etc.
I also like Jar-Jar Binks :laughing:

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t very impressed with Incredibles 2. Seemed like they tried to pull an Iron Man 3, only it didnā€™t work as well. Underminer and Screenslaver were great for the bits they were in!

3 Likes

I really, really donā€™t like Steven Universe. I think thereā€™s a lot of potential and good ideas with what they do, but everything about they way they do and handle things is just horrible.

2 Likes

As an avid fan of the show thatā€™s been following it since before it started getting ā€œgood.ā€ aka season two
I kinda agree with you.

1 Like

Here are most of the problems I have with it.

The shot composition is mediocre at best, and uses way too much shot reverse shot. Itā€™s nothing but flat, uninteresting straight on angles.

Every aspect of the show is plagued with horrible inconsistencies. The animation is so inconstant and goes off model so often, every animator working on the show would have been fired had they been working on nearly any other show.

The usage of powers, abilities, and tools among the characters is more inconsistent than Generation 1 Transformers.

The tone is constantly shifting, often several times in a single episode. At one point, they main cast is faced with the literal end of the world but manage to still make time for goofy filler shenanigans.

And I havenā€™t even gotten to the characters yet. Of which there are two I really donā€™t like.

Lars is one of the most despicable, unlikable, intolerable, unforgivable, piece of trash characters I have ever seen in any cartoon. Every episode he appeared in prior to his redemption he acted like the absolute worse person, and yet every time the episode expects you to feel bad for him, and then what little development he may have gotten in his last episode is completely gone by the next one.

And Steven. Oh where do I begin with Steven. I absolutely hate his attitude on people. Every time a new gem shows up and tries to destroy the planet, he tries to give them a second chance because everyone deserves a chance for redemption, and deep down theyā€™re really a good person! But the moment any human character acts mildly unpleasant or rude to someone else, oh they can just go straight to the pitā€¦ Unless of course itā€™s Lars.

And it doesnā€™t help that heā€™s shoehorned into every single episode. The Steven exclusive perspective the show has makes everything so restricted. Absolutely nothing can happen without Steven. Everything has to revolve around him like heā€™s some special little snowflake and I hate it. Have an episode that focuses just on Peridot and Lapis, or the off colors. Let literally anyone else get some time in the spotlight without forcing Steven into it.

Edited for language by Prentice1215

2 Likes

thats the only reason I liked him to be honest.

Steven Universe is heavily flawed i mean most shows have flaws as well but I enjoy it. Iā€™ve been following it for such a long time, I kinda wanna just stay along with the ride to get it over with.

2 Likes