VeggieTales

Wow. That was even more people than I thought.

That one (Where’s God when I’m S-s-scared?) was one of the very first ones I owned (alongside Are You My Neighbor?) I think we had given it away because it legitimately frightened me, but I eventually wanted to watch it again so we got a new copy.

I remember hearing this. It was cool.

For me it was the Fib from Outer Space episode. (I’m sensing a pattern here…)

4 Likes

Apparently this was my favorite thing ever when I was four. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen that one… and I didn’t even remember that song! Cool!

I remember quite a few years back I loved this part of the show:

7 Likes

YES. That one freaked me out so much.

1 Like

The reboot is made by Doug TenNapel, the guy who made Earthworm Jim, so that’s gotta count for something.

This is my favorite musical number:

4 Likes

The only things I really remember are Larry-Boy ('cuz I had a thing for superhero parodies, and these days get most of the references) and the renditions for the Jericho story (mainly for the song posted above), the Daniel story (for all the songs, really), and the Shadrach/Meshach/Abednego story, the latter being for a variety of reasons concerning how weird it is coming back to it. I mean, it’s pretty disturbing when you think about it. You’ve got a story about child labor where the workers are forced to worship the mascot of the products they’re forced to make…and the villain gets a musical number where he sings about his fetish for rabbits of the chocolate variant. That’s like, Ranaki territory.

8 Likes

#SHOTSFIRED

I used to watch Larryboy with a friend…

3 Likes

The Promised Land should’ve had giant ice cream :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I need to know that I’m not making up the episode with the starship Enterpies.

2 Likes

*Applepies

4 Likes

There were actually 2 episodes with the Applepies.

The first was “Are You My Neighbor?”

The second was “Veggies in Space.”

I prefer the second, because it also had giant sumo robots. Wonderful.

3 Likes

I’m actually still able to laugh at it

Pfft. Baby.

Not really it’s actually pretty funny sometimes.

1 Like

And then there are the “adult humor” jokes like those regarding Khalil’s ancestry…

“My mother was a catterpillar, my father was a worm. But I’m okay with that now.”

4 Likes

I still don’t get that joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Couldn’t his whole “insert pertinent topic here runs very deep in my family!” thing also be considered racist?

wow, the animation hasn’t held up well

2 Likes

But, that song remains dear to me.

3 Likes