Venom Movie

In which scene?

Also, my friends and I have been discussing about other villains. There seems to be an orangish-yellow symbiote, and we can not decide if it’s Scream, Phage, both (two scenes are shown with this symbiote, but it may be two different ones), or just Riot in a orange light inside the capsule.

EDIT: Found this, but it may be untrue

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/venom-movie-villains-symbiotes/amp/

this one:

I think the reason is because the symbiote’s face looks a little like Carnage to some people… or those people only know about Carnage and not the other symbiote or thinks that Carnage would make more sence as an antagonist than Riot or the other symbiotes.

Yeah, that’s been confirmed as Riot.

Venom’s “like a turd in the wind” line is so bizarre yet so funny. It’s near the end of the trailer.
I love Venom’s design, seems they discarded the spider-logo and gave him a more Carnage-esqe veiny aesthetic. His “eyes” are also really expressive, and the freaking teeth and tongue are…oh so classic Venom.
Riot and the other symbiotes are neatly designed too, but what I don’t understand is people wanting Carnage as the main villain. I see Carnage being a post credits reveal or sequel villain, if this film gets a sequel i mean.
Venom’s voice is neat, at times you can’t make out what he’s saying but it’s a fitting, bestial and monstrous voice. I hope this film is okay at best, tbh

4 Likes

Because he’s a serial killer wearing a demon :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine Agent Carnage: a serial killer wearing a heavily armed demon

1 Like

I agree. The way his eyes looked as he said it, it’s like he was thinking of poetry.
I’m not sure how I feel about Venom’s apparant desire to disgustingly and painfully eat people, but I suppose it’s in character. Kinda gross though.

Venom’s character have gone through changes from writer to writer. Some wanting him to become an anti-hero while others makes him into a complete monster that eats people.

at least it’s not like the Planet of the Symbiotes version of Venom that wanted to belong with it’s host than control them (the symbiotes also in that story were said to be more like parasites that feeds on their hosts until they are left as husks.)

2 Likes

Looks to be a dark gritty action thriller/ horror with a touch if dark comedy. I love it
Also @Khalsa721 where did u find the image of that pop figure?

Google. Big bad toy store also has venom iron man and captain America for preorder.

What.

The carnage symbiote isn’t a demon. It’s a symbiote, an alien. It just gives him powers, that’s all.

~~

Also I hated that trailer. Misunderstands the character of Venom, has super cringy dialogue, and worst of all, RIOT is the main villain? In Lethal Protector (which they said they were basing this off of), SCREAM was the leader of the symbiote pack.

Instead they’re doing the boring background symbiote that has no character?

This is gonna be terrible.

I didn’t mean literally :stuck_out_tongue: [quote=“Chronicler, post:72, topic:43092”]
Instead they’re doing the boring background symbiote that has no character?
[/quote]
Well originally Thanos was killing people to impress lady death, so I think marvel can improve any character.

Except that Thanos is an amazing character because he’s more than that. He’s a nihilistic conqueror who wanted happiness but realized he couldn’t get it through impressing death. That’s a pretty deep character if you ask me.

So that’s a horrible example.

Never thought of it that way…[quote=“Chronicler, post:74, topic:43092”]
that’s a horrible example.
[/quote]
Savage :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.awardscircuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/AMatW-Ghost.jpg

I’m actually very happy that a little known about character can step into the light! If Lasher gets a movie, I’ll scream in joy.

Now, I know little about the comics, but I’ve heard his character varies from writer to writer, meaning there isn’t much of a character as many. Besides, the movie isn’t out yet, maybe his trailer shots do a poor representation.

You know, until she betrays them all and starts killing them.
(Maybe Riot’s going to die off and they didn’t want to do that to Scream)

I thought that was part of the humor…

1 Like

I’m really, really, unsure about this movie after the new trailer.

Are you implying that Ghost had no character in the comics? He certainly did. They changed the character in the MCU entirely.

Don’t go off of what you “hear” but what you’ve read. Lots of misinformation on characters out there, so you should read for yourself.

He certainly has a defined character though. Read him in Michilenie’s Spidey run and then Lethal Protector. That was very consistent. At least in the early 90s where he was popular. The newest Venom series in the comics goes back to the 90s Eddie Brock that I liked.

Sure writers change things but most writers I’ve seen base it off of Michelinie.

If it makes me cringe then that’s not good humor.

He had no alter ego, he literally had no character. :laughing:

I don’t know, I love Venom, and have a special place in my heart for each of the Life Foundation Symbiotes for simply existing. The movie looks cool to me, but maybe it’s just the fact that my favorite super villain is the star. If given the chance, I will give it a shot, though I will never forgive Sony for stealing Venom from Marvel.

1 Like

Does the new trailer have any jumpscares or anything?

No. Not any new ones, at least, if you are talking about the second full trailer.

How many teasers have there been?