Venom Movie

I’ve heard it was kind of a flop, which is what I expected, given Sony’s recent track record.

Just got done watching it. Long story short, reviews are LIES. This is such a good movie! While Venom is much more of a protagonist from the comics, I loved his character. My friend said he is the second funniest super hero, second only to Deadpool. I absolutely loved it, and I honestly think Spider-Man isn’t as needed as people say. I went with a group of 8 people, and not a single person disliked. It’s totally worth going to even if it’s just to see what you think.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear.

2 Likes

I jusr saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Eddie/Venom dynamic is perfect. My only problems were that the human villain was pretty meh at best and that there were a few pacing issues.

1 Like

I just got back from seeing the movie at the lowest price possible, and…

Well for the most part the movie looked really good. The CGI was decent, the lighting was great, and there was some really good shot composition. Tom Hardy played his role especially well and as pointed out, there’s an amusing relationship between Eddie and Venom.

Now, you can’t run from the bad aspects. There’s a lot of cringey dialogue and while plot overall makes sense and was actually paced pretty well, a lot of what is said is laughable and kinda lame. Some of the effects look bad. The main villain probably takes the cake for bad dialogue and I’m also not sure how Eddie Brock is respected as a journalist.

So if you don’t take it too seriously I think you’ll be impressed that it’s not nearly as bad as you were expecting it to be. It’s not amazing, it’s not terrible, but it is fun. It’s hilarious, intentionally and unintentionally. And I definitely would watch it again, especially with friends.

8 Likes

Awful movie, 1/10. Don’t watch. Less enjoyable than The Room.

5 Likes

Poor ven. Finally gets a movie and ends up hating it.

3 Likes

So right now I am in a theater waiting for Venom to begin. I am so excited.

3 Likes

Did you get the preview comic or was that just my theatre doing that?

1 Like

I haven’t got any comic.

I saw some comics, but I was told it was IMAX only.

Venom is a very good movie in my opinion. Yes, it is not as good as the MCU movies, but it’s a good solo movie presenting his origins. I really liked the character of Venom, finding him like one of those playful villains. The fact that he was a looser on his planet seemed interesting to me. The character of Eddie was interesting, but not my favourite. I liked the horrir-esque vibe of the movie. I was expecting to see more the two symbiotes, tho…
Yes, I had some problems with it, and it left me with a few questions, but it is a strong 8/10 IMO.
I want a sequel.

2 Likes

I have a feeling we’ll get a sequel. Aside from the credit scene, it looks like it made a lot of money, and audiences loved it despite critic reviews. The main downside of this is that an MCU crossover may be less likely…

3 Likes

I hope this is an alternate universe with miles morakes

I mean, Miles is already in the MCU.

1 Like

What?!

Yeah, don lad Glover’s character, the guy who got his hand webbed to the trunk o his car in Spiderman Homecoming is Miles’s uncle. Now weather they have Miles just be a normal kid, or actually become a spider person is still very unclear, but he is in the MCU.

2 Likes

Oh cool. Forgot that was Glover

1 Like

I feel that if the audience liked the character enough, it will appeal to Marvel

Am I the only one who thought the make out scene was hot

2 Likes