Ven's Custom Painted Mask Shop

Hi Ven, just a tip for weathering, I would recommend drybrushing masks. It can help them look weathered or dirty. I like to drybrush my masks with a small bit of silver so that they look scratched. The other thing I do is put a thick layer of silver down before I paint the final color on, and then use a needle or a tiny bit of sandpaper to add small scratches (like on Onua’s Mask)

(by the way I’m that guy that tweeted you some painted masks the other week)

4 Likes

What about meltdown’s mask/face?

also how long will you be doing this for?

2 Likes

Looks pretty interesting, and the prices sound fair.
Shame there’s no international shipping though. That’s probably the one thing stopping me from buying one right now.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, bud! I already have drybrushing figured out, I’ve done it with a few transformers already, but that silver layer technique is certainly interesting, I may try that.

I got it, so you may request it. I’ll be doing this for a while, don’t worry about it.

Soon, my friend. Very soon.

2 Likes

What is your favorite mask to paint?

1 Like

Now, I can’t reply for Ven, but seeing as I also like to paint masks I’ll put in my own two cents. I think that the Inika masks and the Piraka heads would be a lot of fun to paint, since they have such unique designs and a bunch of places to add detail, but since I can’t paint them I would say the Great Huna, the Great Ruru, and the Noble Rau have been a lot of fun to paint. The Huna and the Ruru have a lot of neat little bits where you can add detail and the flaps on the Rau can have fun patterns painted on them. The Ruru and the Rau also look really nice with weathering added on.

2 Likes

Get hyped

2 Likes

I love this so much and I don’t know why

1 Like

So far, any mask with lots of detail. The more detailed a mask is, the easier it is to play with and add detailing to.

2 Likes

Awesome :smiley:

1 Like

UPDATE

Alright guys, after hashing some things out, I am proud to announce that I am now accepting international orders! Here’s a small policy on these orders:

For international buyers, I would ask that you send me your address information in your request e-mail so I can accurately calculate shipping immediately.

I am also going to modify domestic shipping to a flat rate of $3. Even if for whatever reason your request includes like 20 items or whatever, inflating the cost of shipping, that’s fine. Consider it a discount if you actually bother ordering that much from me. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your patience, guys. I’m still a little bit new to the whole selling+shipping thing, so I appreciate it.

13 Likes

Will you be getting the masks like Vultraz and the Mask of Creation to be available anytime soon?

1 Like

could you make a black g2 akaku and make it have red tribal lines your deign

1 Like

I CANT. EVEN BEGIN. TO DESCRIBE. HOW HAPPY I AM. WITH THIS.:heart_eyes:

25 Likes

That looks freaking rad. Good job with this one, Ven!

7 Likes

Dang, wish I wasnt a poor Spanish guy and I could afford that

2 Likes

Jeez, I need to learn to do that with my masks, I really just do weathering.

1 Like

Certainly! I’ll see if I can include them in my next bricklink order.

That’s fine.

ohhh my gawwwd :sunglasses: :goo:

It turned out fantastic! I’m so glad to see it worked out, thanks again for the request!

6 Likes

ahhhhhhhhhhhh Its awesome!

1 Like

Can people ask you to order specific masks when you do your next brick link order? And should we jst email you asking about it?

1 Like