Ven's Custom Painted Mask Shop

The shipping will be your doom, if you dont really about paying +10€ for just a piece

like the guys who buy things from shapeways

1 Like

I’m not sure about the Rode as I’ve never owned one, but the Olmak is slightly softer than most other masks. I believe it’s due to the gold plastic. Although, it should still be paintable so I have no idea.

1 Like

Nah, I could totally paint the Olmak and Rode. I’ll throw them on the list.

1 Like

Ven, please stock up on the Vultraz mask for your next order. Thanks!
Please
Please
Please
PLEASE
do it.
Or I will die due to lack of sufficient ways to scavenge life force.

1 Like

I’ll look into it for sure!

1 Like

I might have missed it, but is there any way I can send you the parts I want painted? Not that I don’t want the parts you have, I just don’t want duplicates.:gregf:

1 Like

NOT ANYMORE.

UPDATE TIME

That’s right! I can paint Inika masks now! Don’t ask how, or why it took so long to get this going. Just leave it alone and ORDER NOW. (And yes, this mask is up for sale for $6)

Also, I have included some requests in my next ■■■■■■■■, including Vultraz’s mask, Mata Nui’s Ignika, and the Cragger head for @ToaWaster704.

15 Likes

Holy crap. Teach me Sensei Ven. I am your disciple.

1 Like

Dang, that looks absolutely fantastic! I wanna see how the others would look painted too…

2 Likes

Will you be at Brickfair VA this year? If so, and I order a Miru recolor, could I give you a plain Miru at BFVA, skip the shipping cost, and get the $2 self supplied part discount?

1 Like

Gotta have a few secrets, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, would this paint work for tohunga arms too? Since they are supposed to bend more than the inika masks would he paint crack?

2 Likes

I hope you mean matoran, sir…

It really doesn’t matter. If anything, call the 2001 guys Tohunga, the 2003 guys Matoran, and the 2008… things Av-Matoran.

2 Likes

2008 abominations…

Except I did like Radiak’s mask.

1 Like

I call the 01 matoran tohunga since that is what they were originally known as. Anyways the reason I asked is that I’m curious if I could get some different colored 01 matoran arms for say an accurate Tamaru.

1 Like

I could paint them, but I’m actually not sure about how it’ll endure the bending on that part. Guess I’ll have to leave it up to you, lol.

I will be at brickfair, so that sounds fine!

6 Likes

how did you do that

3 Likes

Since the arms aren’t made of the same type of rubber as the 06 masks. The paint should work fine as long as you don’t try to launch disks with them or handle them too much.

2 Likes

That really depends on how much you’ll be handling them, what kind of paint you’ll be using, and how thick/glossy you want your paint to be. I know this guy did all the matoran, so it’s definitely possible, but you might want to ask them since they probably know the most about arms specifically.

2 Likes