Video Game Ideas

I’ve actually been working on a video game concept for a universe of mine, but I can’t tell anyone because said universe is currently being written into a book series…

All I can say is that there are grim reapers, mechanical weapons, an alien race, and a guy with a one hit kill weapon.

This is true. It’s fun to get away from Master Chief for a while.

And actually, there is a bit of a fix for that. Gearbox, the studio that handled porting halo 1 to the pc, released another version of it. Halo Custom Edition. It allows people to make their own maps and campaigns. Quite a few of them feature unique characters made just for them. So you might find it worth looking into. A couple of my person favorites are Lumoria and the Takedown trilogy.

1 Like

I need to try it. I’ll bookmark your post to try those campaigns and maps. Thanks for the suggestion.

Video game about ME, Vin Diesel, John Goodman, and Chuck Norris. YYYYYEEEEESSSS!!!

1 Like

Yes, make that! I will play

With special guest Jsammy.

1 Like

I have two main video game ideas running around in my head wishing they could get out:
One game is an RTS game I conceived of in my youth, involving a giant snowball war. With things like snow catapults and cannons and modified painball guns shooting snow pellets.

The other one was literally me turning to a friend and saying “DUDE! Sandbox Mirror’s Edge with a portal gun!”
Basically, large urban sandbox map, Mirror’s Edge-style parkour mechanics, and the portal gun from Portal.
Basically, because I REALLY want to jump off a large building, turn, portal on the top, portal on the ground, and cross the city in mere seconds.

3 Likes

dear modders…
would you kindly?

I had a recent idea for a zombie game. As a human, you can parkour and solve puzzles, but when you are bitten or shot, you can bleed out if you don’t find a health pack. Once you die, you get to control yourself as a zombie. You can bite other humans and destroy barricades. After you are killed as a walker, the game is over.

1 Like

Actually, that’s a thing.
There’s a browser-based MMO game where you can play as survivors of a zombie apocalypse
When you die, you become a zombie.
Survivors can construct barricades which the zombies destroy.
There’s a “freerunning” skill that lets you move between buildings without entering the street.
It’s called Urban Dead, and it’s TV Tropes page can be found here
You’re welcome! xD

Wow I had no idea! Thanks

I always had a idea for a Action RPG. Which follows similar to the Final Fantasy Series.

1 Like

I have been working on a thing actually, and it’s going pretty well. I’ll probably end up making a topic for it later on, but right now I can tell you guys it’s about a space mission to either Tau Ceti e or Alpha Centauri Bb (Although probably Alpha Centauri) and [Redacted] along the way so you have to [Redacted] and make tough choices n stuff.

I want it to take player decision making into account, and so making different decisions leads you down different story paths, and I’m thinking there’s gonna be a crew reputation system, where you choose between good rep for your group of companions and bad for your crew, or vice versa. There will be some decisions that gain or loose rep for both though, so it’s not either or, but I think trying to keep a balance of positive rep among the entirety of the ship could be a cool aspect of the game.

I’m currently building it on the CryEngine 3 game engine, so it’ll definitely be able to handle realistic graphics and physics. I’ve even been changing the source code so that the physics actually work the way I want it. (I’m trying to make physics in the game as accurate to real life as possible, and this means a LOT of research. But it’s fun.)

For modeling, I’ve been using AutoDesk and their tools (Holy crap MAYA is so intensive on my PC) and things have been going well over all. I may post concept art and such on the topic for you guys.

1 Like

I will play it because it sounds cool. How far along on the game are you?

I’ve recently started figuring out Game Maker 2, and I’ve been working on a 2D Action-Platformer based around my character, Project: Runa. However, I haven’t gotten very far yet due to my busy schedule.

2 Likes

I want to see a few Star Wars games:
Knights of Ren

Some sort of open world thing, like Space Engineers but with more Star Wars-y mechanics (join a military group, be trained as a Jedi, etc.)

Another Republic Commando type game, which tbh was more what I was expecting when the 2017 Battlefront was announced to be about a stormtrooper squad.

I’ve been thinking about a Counter-Strike style game taking place in the Half-Life universe where it would be Combine vs Rebels instead of Swat vs Terrorists.

it would definitely be a great idea for a game or Mod

I would personally like to see a Hero Factory video game. I know, it sounds odd, but I really thing this could have worked. Also, I would like an improved version of LEGO Worlds. The game itself is great, but it gets kinda repetitive after you explore a lot of worlds. I would make something like LEGO Worlds 2 where you explore all worlds from original LEGO themes. maybe even have a Bionicle world using the system Bionicle sets.

What about you? What LEGO Video Games would you like to see?

A GOOD CN game: Marceline, you slay vampires and absorb the bosses power after slaying them. in the most basic way “Cartoon network Megaman”

a game where you play a luchador ninja