Voltron

This hasn’t been made yet?

Since we finally have gotten a new trailer for Votron, what do you guys think about the new series so far?

I think it looks awesome.

And while you’re at it you can talk about the old show.

10 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see the old show. I should probably do that before the new one comes out.

1 Like

I think the old series is on Hulu Plus. It used to be on Netflix but it’s not there anymore.

1 Like

I have all episodes of the old show on DVD. It is definitely one of my favorite series.

Here is something interesting about the old show: It’s actually made from two different Animes stiched together with an english dub.

Also the old show had the voice actors doing more than one role. I beleive the guy who voiced Keith also voiced Pidge.

Don’t know why they are rebooting it when we have Voltron Force. I thought that was a pretty good show. It had some interesting concepts in relation to Voltron. In fact, that show has my favorite version of Voltron. But hey, JTO was pretty good, so I have some faith in Netflix. Plus Nickelodeon is freaking Nickelodeon. Okay, I can see one of the reasons for rebooting it now…

3 Likes

It’s also good to note that the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra are heavily involved in this reboot–and their involvement in a project is almost a guarantee that it will be quality stuff.

3 Likes

Okay, I’m gonna revive this topic for the release of the new show.

Spoiler-Free Part
The show is fantastic. Having been a Voltron fan for years now, I thought I would try out the new show, but it wouldn’t be better than my long time favorite version, Voltron Force.
I’m happy to say that I was completely and utterly wrong.
It takes the original show, which I didn’t quite enjoy so much, and modernizes it in a way that really works. If you haven’t seen it yet, go watch that. It’s definitely a worthy use of time.
Spoiler Part- Anything in blurred spoiler tags from this point on can be considered a spoiler for Voltron: Legendary Defender
I’m gonna start things off by saying a few things I didn’t enjoy. For one, the descision to make Pidge secretly a girl. It just didn’t really work for me, but I guess I understand it as a plot twist.
Second, where the show leaves off. They’re kicked through an unstable wormhole and don’t know where it goes. I mean, it’s probably gonna get another season, but we have no idea how long that’s gonna be or if it’s going to happen at all. I get the feeling that it is going to have another season, though, unlike Voltron Force.

There’s just too much to say about what I like about the show. The quippy one-liners, the story that, unlike in many modern cartoons, is actually interesting, and I really like the design of Voltron.

So there you go. I’m gonna give it a 9.7 out of 10, just for those little nitpick a in the spoiler section.
As I said before, if you haven’t watched it, definitely go do that. It’s fantastic. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

I guess I should see it then :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes, you should.

1 Like

I really liked it. I had a lot of things from the original show that I liked and put their own twist on some things. I feel like the characters are cliche, but developed a good amount over time. I feel like the enemy is more interesting this time around and feels like a really formidable force, especially when they keep moving forward technologically. Also, on the fact that Pidge is a totally different character now, I feel like it makes Pidge a bit more unique in character instead of just being the computer person. You can feel the motivation and dedication to find her family. You know that she will do anything for her family (I felt pissed along with her when the prisoner said Shiro hurt her brother). I also enjoyed the animation and the lore.

4 Likes

This show is to Voltron the Franchise

what Thundercats(2011) was to Thundercats’ franchise

a much needed, and well done modernized adaptation.

Hopefully, this show doesn’t suffer the same fate Thundercats did.

6 Likes

I miss Thundercats 2011, that show was amazing. Hope Voltron doesnt have the same fate.

And to be honest, Im always up for anything Studio Mir does, their animators are the best in the animation market.
Example:

2 Likes

So is it worth seeing to someone who hasn’t seen the original show?

1 Like

Em yeah, because its way better than the original, just like with Thundercats.

1 Like

Definitely give it a watch, it’s a nice tv show for people who aren’t familiar with the franchise.
That, and I love the animation a lot.

1 Like

How is it that someone made a Voltron topic, one made in the midst of Netflix hype, and has existed for multiple months, and it only has 14 (Now 15) posts?

Anyway, I was looking up one of my favorite songs of all time, and I found this.

EDIT:

Wow. I did not know that. So its like some sort of Frankenstein’s anime. Neat. :relaxed:

Because while Force wasn’t bad, it wasn’t the best either. I liked it, but it wasn’t my favorite show, and after seeing Legendary Defender, I can really see Force’s flaws. Not to mention, it had one of the most rushed cartoon endings of all time, and the very last part of the last episode was horrible.

Good thing it is. With the ending Force had, it desperately needed a second season.

Ya know, when I first saw it, I didn’t quite care for it. But since then, it has really grown on me. I especially love the face. Its stoic and powerful. One look and you can tell he is a force to be reckoned with.

YES! YES YOU SHOULD!

Yes. Yes it is. Even if you have never had any exposure to any Voltron content ever, you need to watch it.

1 Like

So… thoughts on the Season 2 trailer?

Personally still undecided myself

@MaximusPrime

Wait there’s an Season 2 trailer?

You can view it here

1 Like

Too much to talk about. Shiro might die but probably not, the all the lions look all bleeped up, and a bunch of other stuff.

IIRC in the original cartoon he died and Allura took his place.

I don’t think they would do that in this version though.