Warhammer 40,000 discussion et cetera

Haven’t been able to find this topic until now.

Was looking for books, a lot of the ones people recommended were very expensive.

1 Like

The Black Library releases seem reasonably priced until you realise that many of the series consist of a shelfful of books. I’ve heard good things about the one-off novels, though. The only thing I’ve managed to find in my library is the Eisenhorn trilogy and it’s only three paperbacks (or a single e-book bundle for a reasonable price if that’s your thing).

4 Likes

Yes, price is big issue for me, tried to buy Baneblade was more expensive than the two omnibuses I also selected, Yarrick is ever a good read (It’s a mini series) and I like the Horus Humbug books

1 Like

Just to let you guys know: you can get the first 15 Horus Heresy books (and some other nice things) for 15 dollaridoos.

It’s a steal, being over 90% cheaper than Black Library prices.

4 Likes

OH GEE GOLLY GEE GOTTA PURGE

4 Likes

I wish I’d been able to convince my dad ;-;

1 Like

I’ve been getting into Warhammer 40,000 recently, namely the lore thanks to lore videos and If The Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device. So far I really like Warhammer 40k.

Going to have to bring some heresy into this topic because I follow Chaos. Although I don’t think I can mention which Chaos god I follow without getting flagged…RIP me.

2 Likes

Slaanesh won’t get,you banned broski just no inappropriate images

1 Like

B-b-but… that’s HERESY.
Angry Commisarrial noises

2 Likes

So I got a couple of Warhammer things on my mind:

There is always the question of “Is it Cata-chan? or Cata-can?” But are we sure it’s not “Cata-shan”? Covering my bases: This is a joke referencing BroTrip 40,000. Typically I say Cata-chan.

Even though Malal/Malice is in canon limbo right now, the idea of a chaos god that feeds off other chaos gods is interesting. But couldn’t Slaanesh also fit this role given that pleasure is a universal concept and not limited to one type of action? Khorne, you can strangle Slaanesh all you want. But Slaanesh is still taking pleasure from the fact that you are defeating your rival chaos god which is making you happy.

TVTropes refers to Konrad Curze as Warhammer’s Batman, but he more comes off as Warhammer’s equivalent of The Punisher to me.

If I was the Emperor of Mankind, I would focus on keeping Chaos from getting out of hand rather than hiding it and getting rid of it.

What if the inquisition found that one YouTube clip “No one expects the spanish inquisiton!” Like, Some how a computer managed to stay working for 40,000 years and has that clip on it.

Who is more of a threat? The C’Tan or the ruinous powers? The forces of Chaos are Chaotic to say the least, but C’Tan like The Outsider, The Deciever, The Void Dragon, and The Nightbringer sound like they could really cause some massive destruction.

How much WAAAGH energy does it take to screw in a lightbulb?..seriously.

SPACE WOLVES!?!? (Daemon primarch rage)

1 Like

Cata-chan is how I pronounce it

I do too, but that was a more of joke I came up with from watching Brotrip 40,000

1 Like

Brotrip 40000 is one of the greatest fanmade pieces of content I have ever watched

1 Like

That’s not really all Malal is though. He’s meant to be the Chaos of anarchy and destruction. The idea of Malal is that he’s pretty much a contradiction. He’s an anti-Chaos Chaos God, but he’s also the most chaotic of them all. When he was first conceived, in fact, he would actually help the Forces of Order to fight the other Chaos Gods.

2 Likes

C’tan are usually mentioned in universe as an even greater power.

1 Like

It is Cata-Can

Re: Cata-can, chan, etc.

The in-universe material is very contradictory and it’s hard to decide canon hierarchy for a universe that runs on “everything is canon, not everything is true” to encourage the idea that a lot of material is actually in-universe propaganda.

At this point enough pronunciations have happened that I’d just go tomato tomato until some official voice acted work has someone from there actually say the planet in their native accent.

Though I do realize that this spawned off a reference to a fanwork so maybe my input wasn’t needed

So I am interested in starting this as a hobby, but I’m not sure where to start.
Amazon has a small amount of sets, and they are expensive.
So where else should I get them?
Also, citadel paints are the right paints for this, correct?

1 Like

There’s a lot of answers to that. You could recast your miniatures and buy off-brand acrylic paints from your local craft store. You can also usually find a deal or two on eBay. If you want to know about recasting you can PM me.

3 Likes

Typically the best way to start is to split a boxed game with a friend, so you would get a nice army and a rulebook for 50 money.

1 Like