Weapon of Choice

I CHANGE MY WEAPON

Aight guys, here it is:

Why a hidden blade and not some BA halberd? Why because it’s the second most elegant and sleek weapon in fiction history, the first being the lightsaber of course.

Also, not that any of you would have a reason to know this, but I can fight extremely well with knives, which this design allows me to do.

8 Likes

It was an elegant weapon, for a more…civilized age.

14 Likes

civilized in this case meaning the entire movie focuses on politics and not the BA space battles taking place simultaneously

4 Likes
8 Likes

I have to point out that most assassins didn’t use hidden blades in open combat, and in fact carried swords, daggers, and ranged weapons(you know, the things you barely used in the games because of the combats one-sidedness) for dispatching enemies that weren’t the target, in fact a hidden blade is in fact very brittle and is mostly a stabbing weapon, which is why ezio’s was broken with a single hit in revelations, heck you can see how thin the blade is in the schematic you showed(far right),
you’re better off carrying a dagger or short-sword for open combat instead, and having this version of the hidden blade as a back up.

this is why I chose a phantom blade as a secondary, in case I were to lose my halberd and shield, as well as a light weight ranged weapon.

2 Likes

Y’see, this is a blade that is also intended for combat. Yes, Ezio’s blade in Revelations did break, but there were still hundreds of years of refinement up to Connor’s, not only on the hidden blade, but metalworking as well. This isn’t just a stabbing blade anymore, you can fight with it too. Although, I doubt it would still hold up to a full swing from a broadsword (Because let’s face it, that’s what broke Ezio’s blade) no knife is meant for blocking that kind of force, and I doubt many knives are capable of such a feat.

Plus, if you’re good with a knife, you should know not to block with it, you have to be able to evade attacks yourself, even parrying is a bad idea really.

Maybe it is more of a secondary weapon for most people, but I feel like I would be able to handle it better than most.

Also this.

Now if I got some real training with this blade…

Yes. Yes yes yes. I loved that line in the game.

And also, I previously chose a short sword and dagger or something like that for my WoC, but I changed my mind. I would have the Phantom Blade (which has a hidden blade built into it), throwing knives, a large dagger, and a sword of some sort. (Basically modified Altair).

1 Like

A hidden blade would be stupid in open combat. The point of a stealthy weapon is that your enemy doesn’t expect it or doesn’t know what’s coming. That’s thrown out the window if you’re already fighting. (Unless you’re a dirty fighter, and you bring a hidden knife to a fistfight. Or a hidden gun to a knife fight.)

2 Likes

a good point. Also, no foffense to Bioraiders, but I always find it funny when us nerds think we’d survive in our favorite fictional worlds. the biggest example I can think of is how many of us think we’d survive the zombie apocalypse.

3 Likes

This is true, although it has basis. While people are running around, screaming their heads off, you know exactly where all the supplies around town are, you’ve (I hope) learned basic survival skills, and you have a plan.

Also, given that my friends and I actually rigorously performed with knives and swords (The swords were foam, but we weighted them to make it more real) on a routine basis, and most people just lunge at you with a blade instead of putting any thought into their attack, I’d have a large advantage.

@Chro With the blade Altair used, it would be very stupid indeed. After all, those blades were only meant for quick stabbing. However, the later blades you see, specifically from AC:3 and AC:U, can hold their own in a fight. You need to be quick and precise sure, but that’s why assassins are normally trained for a long, long time. Ezio was at it for a good majority of his life until he was considered one of the greatest.

1 Like

I changed my weapon of choice to…

THE TA-KORO GUARD!!!

3 Likes

Like the spear and shield? or are you going to throw Tohunga figures at your enemies?

1 Like

THEY SHALL DO MY BIDDING! :stuck_out_tongue:

You brought up BattleCats.
#why!?

so the throwing thing then. an interesting choice

1 Like

Hey, do you wanna be hit by a three foot metal object flying through the air?

2 Likes

Or they can swarm my enemies! (evil_laugh)

NEW IDEA FOR MY NEW WEAPON!

Improvisational shovel: An interdimensional shovel obtained by JMP on one of his adventures, the only distinguishing part of it is green and black on the shaft and some runes on the shovel head. The Shovel can dig through any ‘earthy’(basicly think about the things a shovel can easily dig through in Minecraft or any other mushy or weak substance like slime, lol). Added things? The Shovel is sharp enough to cut through most metals and when digging in said earthy material, a random item is pulled up. Said item has a randomized amount and/or quality. Common items include:

30% -Ammo or health items
89%-Guns, mainly an SMG or shotgun, maybe a minigun or Assault Rifle
20%-Manga volumes of various lengths or of different manga
20%-Anime CDs containing random animes at different lengths and/or episodes
15%-Kyoryu Yellow’s suit and/or a useless version of the scythe of canon
40%-Various Kanohi
35%-Demon summoning Item
87%-various blades, mainly a Katana, Broadsword, knives, Javelins or his two powerful swords the ice broadsword and emerald Katana if they’re not in his possession
50%-Grenades or other types of bombs
19%-Potatoes and other food items
13%-Various suits or items from Sentai or Kamen Riders
11%-Clone trooper armor parts
45%-Pet creatues(Hamsters, Squeavers, Beavers, Squirrels, Foxes, Puppies, Kittens, Aliens, fish)
10%-Mirrors
60%-Rocks and dirt
9%-Diamonds or other rare and valuable items

Other then that, some items are either rare, and can usually be in good quality, rarely in low/breaking or high/perfect condition. Limitations include full megazords, full beings(there are some exceptions), a shovel of the same kind, Vehicles, entire planets or cosmic bodies, spirits, ships, items with lots of power, etc. However, due to an odd phenomena, The weapon is bonded to JMP by a chain link to his body. While this is able to summon weapons and items rare and valuable, the shovel itself can break and is unable to dig through even Rock or stone. Though it can be fixed easily and the shovel head can dig no matter what. Or Cut

So, what do ya think?

4 Likes

I thought that this thread was about existing weapons that you would hypothetically select, not a totally random creation you produced

Boltikons are cool, I’d use a pair of those

2 Likes

the OP didn’t exactly state it had to be a real weapon. It’s just that most of us chose realistic weapons. BTW nice axe/gun/tomahawks. Do you need to throw them or are they just axes with guns in the shaft?