What are your favorite Star Wars movies in order?

5/6

Also updated list.

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
The Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Revenge of the Sith
Rise of Skywalker
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Time to update, again!

1 TPM

8 TLJ

3 ROTS

7 TFA

5 TEBS

9 TROS

4 ANH

6 ROTJ

2 AOTC

This is subject to change in the future, but Iā€™d say (worst to best) they are:
Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker
Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi
Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Episode IV: A New Hope
Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith
Rouge One: A Star Wars Story

This is completely subjective, of course. I should note that episodes IV & VIII flip-flop often, as do episodes V&III

Havenā€™t updated this in a long time, and since the Sequel Trilogy turned out to be a huge dud for me:

1. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
  2. Episode IV: A New Hope
  3. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  4. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
  5. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
  6. Episode I: The Phantom Menace
  7. Episode II: Attack of the Clones
  8. Episode VII: The Force Awakens
  9. Solo: A Star Wars Story
  10. Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
  11. Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The last time I posted, TFA was way higher, because it had just come out, and isā€“at the very leastā€“the only movie in the Sequel Trilogy that actually tried to make something of itself. However, it and the others are near the bottom now, because nothing of any value in the Sequels ended up panning out into something interesting. TLJ was a well-made film, but its story is plodding and bloated, and while it managed to elicit some emotion from me at first, I later realized that it was all false flags, and that there was really nothing behind it.

TROS was a mess, plain and simple. A terrible, chaotic, cringeworthy mess. Itā€™s by far the worst Star Wars film ever made, in my opinionā€¦

For those who might be wondering why I have placed the Prequels higher than even the best of the Sequels, hereā€™s why: while the Prequels are technically-flawed, often severely so, they had a consistent and solid story behind them. That story may have been executed sloppily, but it was a good story, and I would rather watch a trilogy of awkward, technically-flawed films with a solid underlying story than a trilogy of technically-superior films filled with vapid characters, a basic, predictable story, and no unified direction or vision.

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Gap
Return of the Jedi / Revenge of the Sith / Rogue One
Gap
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Others do not exist.

1 Like

hilarious AND original comment

2 Likes

But relevant nonetheless. I wasnā€™t trying to seem funny or original, itā€™s just how the things are and I donā€™t see why you have a problem with it.