What are your thoughts on HF in general over the years?

So what’s the duration for the copyright for a LEGO theme?

I really could care less if it’s still copyrighted as of now. I’m only 13, so obviously the books won’t be made for what, 20 years?

Edited for Double Post - WajKnight

That I’d have to look up to know for sure, but likely a large number of years. Feel free to look it up.

I doubt anyone knows the answer.

LEGO is not going to bring back Hero Factory.

I’m checking US copyright records now to see if they’ve registered a copyright for it within the US. Otherwise they would have copyright holdings in Denmark I would be unable to search.

Good sir, a good many people know how the law works, all ya gotta do is research.

copyrights tend to last about a lifetime after the creator has died, so no, a bit more than 20 years.

[quote=“MarkSurge9411, post:67, topic:1490”]
I doubt anyone knows the answer.
[/quote]A simple google search can give you the answer of copyright laws worldwide.

[quote=“RangerSilver6, post:69, topic:1490, full:true”]
I’m checking US copyright records now to see if they’ve registered a copyright for it within the US. Otherwise they would have copyright holdings in Denmark I would be unable to search.
[/quote]see?

[quote=“MarkSurge9411, post:68, topic:1490”]
LEGO is not going to bring back Hero Factory.
[/quote]Lego was not going to bring back bionicle.

2 Likes

No no, I mean about how long a copyright for a LEGO theme is.

But Bionicle was popular.

And here we are.
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=1

As you can see it was created in 2009, so it will be a very long time before it enter public domain, if you would like to learn more, you may read here about the duration of copyrights.

4 Likes

NOW I see why back up plans are useful.

Okay, so these may not be published in my life time, but I will write them. That way, I can give it to the next generation (my children), who could send it to the publishing company in 2085.

Also, why’re all my comments getting flagged? They’re off topic, but it’s not like they have any inappropriate content.

meanwhile in 2085
“then furno jumped up the yell…”

7 Likes

Um, what?

the copyrights for Hero Factory, assuming that the authors are not revealed, will not become available for at least 95 years after creation. If they are revealed, the copyright will last until their death, and another 70 years after that.

By that point no one is going to care about Hero Factory.

In-jokes, man. Injokes.

3 Likes

I would check out this topic for your answer. :wink:

Also we should probably get back on topic before the mods smite us… :fearful:

2 Likes

Wow.

Welp, plan C, the drafts become family heirlooms, THEN published.

And of course no one’s going to care about HF, that’s the point. It’ll be original for the century.

@Political_Slime That’s going to be veryyyyyyyyyyy hard to do.

What? Get back on topic? Simple.

So, My thoughts on HF:

Pros
-Nice building system

Cons
-No story
-Not very well advertised (later years)
-No advancements on previously stated building system

Overall: Wasted Potential

5 Likes

No no, double posting. Also, my thoughts:

Pros:
-CCBS

Cons:
-Simple story
-Wasted potential

I will personally smite the next person that double posts. My notifications feed can’t take any more of this.

Also HF was generally bad

-MT

13 Likes

Turning the clock forward to today, do you think Bionicle Generation 2’s potential was wasted? And if you think it was, have you actually lost all faith in LEGO?

My biggest problem with HF was the Hero-Cuffs.

With the introduction of cuffs that can be thrown and capture any villain, any and all conflict potential is gone. The only real dilemma is the fact that they don’t work well underwater, and surely HF fixed that after Jawblade. The only thing that remains is finding the villain.

~W12~