What disturbs you?

One thing I love, is the the mildly disturbing. The things that unsettle you, but don’t go too far. Far from actual horror, but still enough to keep you up at night. The creepy and eerie things that nag at the back of your mind. The subtle things that make you feel just a little uneasy. I love it all. I can’t get enough of it. So why not talk about it? It is the perfect month after all. So what disturbs you? Music, shows, movies, anything.

6 Likes

Mushrooms. Seriously. ( ’ - ')

I suppose it’s rather unusual, but I have mycophobia, the fear of mushrooms. I don’t want to touch them. I don’t like seeing them. I hate their smell. Unexpectedly noticing one within 2 meters of me makes my heart jump, giving me a brief sense of panic.

I wouldn’t say they keep me up at night, but they used to. As a kid I had nightmares about them, which I think played a key role in forming my phobia.

I love the beauty of autumn, but I feel uneasy walking outside, knowing that I might encounter mushrooms should I stray off the road too much.

10 Likes

I hate Slenderman.
And Mermades.
Don’t ask.

4 Likes

That’s pretty interesting.

Personally one thing that really gets me is hearing creepy music that’s sprinkled with backwards piano keys. Like the rest of the song is orchestrated fairly normally, but they trow in some reversed piano keys to add just that extra level of chilling atmosphere that I love.

1 Like

More about real shrooms. I got exposed a lot to shrooms due to my grandma being an eager berry and mushroom gatherer. Since she lives in the city, she usually comes to us to gather and likes to use our oven to dry them. Dear God I hate the smell.

Real life is what bugs me. Throw a shroom at me, I’ll dodge and take a fair distance. I’m not paranoid about them, but I hate being near them.

3 Likes

I have a massive fear of needles and will avoid them whenever possible. I’ve seen all 8 saw movies and the only game that gets to me is the needle pit in saw 2.

5 Likes

So, you can still play Mario, but can’t get to close to pizza toppings?

I hate “vast emptiness”. I think of it as reverse claustrophobia, so the thought of being alone in space or under the sea (the scene before the whale in Finding Nemo used to scare me) just gives me shivers.

5 Likes

When I watched Matrix the first time, it just disturbed ,me, and closed in the midle of the movie. Maybe it will not be the same thing next time when I’ll try to watch it, though

3 Likes

Sounds about right. Even if I do get close, I won’t stay there for long.

Agoraphobia.

1 Like

The things that disturbes me most are the implications of parallel universes. If parallel universes exist, there are universes where my life is a popular sitcom, universes where all my OCs get together and meet me, and so on, and I will never truly know these universes exist or be involed in them, despite the fact that I might be “involved”

6 Likes

The thing that disturbs me the most can to some feel really silly even if it isn’t a fear of inanimate objects or whatever. It’s just that sometimes I’m just really uncomfortable around large groups of people. Since I worry people will talk behind my back, of course, it sounds ridiculous but I’ve experienced my fair share of judgemental people before and that’s probably why it has become so uncomfortable for me to be in large crowds since I might not always know if I’m being judged or not. Did any of this make sense to any of you?

7 Likes

I totally understand you bro.

1 Like

This color swap

6 Likes

Your lack of faith

10 Likes

Sometimes when I get up to go to the bathroom at night or something I’ll be worried I’m in a nightmare. Literally the fear of fear. Also the thought of Hell (which I believe is a real place). A place of literally eternal torment and pain.

4 Likes

roaches
they are gross and need to be slain

2 Likes

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”. - Franklin Roosevelt

3 Likes

I hate heights.

You can’t even make me go up 4 steps in a ladder.

1 Like

The concept of a monster that only moves towards you when you are/aren’t looking at it.

6 Likes

Oh yeah. I can totally get behind that. The fact that whether you live or die hinges on how long you can keep your eyes open and not blink is always something I’ve terrifying.

6 Likes