What Do You Think of the Battle Suits?

Does anyone else have any serious interest in these sets, now that we know that they aren’t ultrabuilds? In terms of aesthetic figure design, they’re pretty crude, but they do include some potentially useful pieces, especially in Axl and Clay.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

They are all ugly, except for Axel’s.

2 Likes

^

The main purpose of these suits is to buy their main vehicle to detach into their “complete form”.

They’re decent sets, I’ll probably pick up a few.
Mainly for the parts.

I actually think they look alright, even more so when you compare them to what they’re replacing.
They’re good cheap sets.

3 Likes

I think they are our future. The more we’ve seen of them, the more I’m sure of it. They’re crude, preliminary, and very obviously a concept, but the evolution from Mixels is clear, and I see the writing on the wall. Mixing the Mixel-style building system with elements of CCBS and including a minifigure in each set? I believe that if these sets prove successful and if they catch on with kids, sets of this style will override traditional constraction in terms of Lego’s priorities.

-Mesonak

8 Likes

Pretty much what I think of 'em

so dramatic…do you see, with absolute certainty? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does this progression mean…no more pure (or at least 85%) CCBS sets? :no_mouth:

The Star Wars sets seem to be rather successful, so I don’t think we’re in immediate danger of losing CCBS sets. But I do think that, looking forward, whether Lego will decide to spend a ton of money on another CCBS-centric original IP will hinge on how well sets of this style perform.

Either that, or they’ll need to find ways to integrate minifigures with CCBS ala HF 2014.

-Mesonak

6 Likes

I agree that the suits look crude. They recycle many parts that already exist. Personally I wish lego would give them the galidor treatment of large prefabricated pieces just so that it would fix the aesthetics and give us new pieces to moc with.

2 Likes

Sure, as long as they look better in the future.

All i know is that i want a ton of those torso parts

they’re short,stubby and overall ugly as heck

They look kinda weird, and I don’t like them.

They seem interesting, although the large prefab pieces displease me.

I like them a lot. I don’t really care about the proportions like some people do, as Nexo Knights in general is a pretty wacky theme and these fit the bill. They’re a middle ground for constraction, and for a decent price, too. With constraction becoming increasingly scarce among product releases, I’ll take what I can get.

Actually, looking Jang’s review of Clay, and seeing how it can combine with other sets, I definitly want some now.

A big MEH.

1 Like

If anything, I’d personally lump them in as an evolution from both the Mixels and the primitive “ultimate” sets of this year; though I’m a bit reticent to call them “our future”, I’d have to agree that they represent shades of the past, including a likely return to simplified CCBS figures a la Ordeal of Fire. History has shown that TLG tends to misidentify the source of a line’s failure, at least initially. In this case, G2 suffered from a lack of media exposure and storyline tie-ins, not set design issues.

If anything, this means that a new wave of more specialized pieces is arriving very soon. The first waves of G1, Hero Factory, and G2 all featured a ton of then overused, simple pieces.

1 Like

is there one thing that im wondering about is weather or not there will also be villain battle suits.

in 2016 there was villain ultimate sets, so im actualy wondering if they will release a villain version of the Nexo Knight battle suits.

if they do, then i would be happy if they released Jestro in such a set.

edit: oh and by the way, i have resently watched five of the season 3 episodes (all were in Dutch, so i could not understand what they said, but i was able to gain some of the story from just watching them), and i would advice you guys who are interested in Nexo Knight to get Clay’s battle suit. Because it actualy plays a more important role for the story than the other battle suits. But i won’t spoile what that importance is because i know some of you want to be supriced.

2 Likes

I got Battle Suit Clay the other day, and it was actually really good. Some of the proportions are a little funky, but the articulation (for the size) and use of parts is phenomenal. The sword is probably my favorite weapon for this wave, and mine even came with an extra. I like how the sword has that “honeycomb” florescent-sy on the inside, similar to Gorast’s Wings, and the HF Shield.

Here’s a comparison.

IMO, I can say one thing and one thing for sure.
Battle Suits > Ultimates

3 Likes