What Do You Think of the Battle Suits?

I believe that Jang said his came with an extra too, so it might be considered as an extra piece.

1 Like

yeah, mine too came with an extra sword piece.

2 Likes

Yay, cool parts packs…Now for Amazon to put them on sale… :stuck_out_tongue:

Exactly

They’re actually worth the money, unlike the glorified stand squad.
These are actually on par with the smaller exo-force mechs imo, those were pretty wonky as well, and I feel that these have the same charm.

2 Likes

Unlike what seems to be popular opinion, I adore all of the battle suits, except for Axl as I feel he looks really awkward and has slightly more limited posability than the other four suits.

I currently own all five of the battle suits and they are great in my opinion, the articulation is fantastic, they are fun to build and mess around with, and are really colorful and personalized, despite them mostly being clone sets. They really remind me of the early days of Bionicle. Cheap, small, simple sets with a lot of personality and playability, even better than some of the early Bionicle sets.

While the proportions may be odd to some people I personally im not bothered by it at all, the heads really don’t look all that small as the suits themselves are only about the height of two minifigures. I do think the hands could be a bit smaller but again, I doesn’’t detract from the look of the suits in my opinion.

Overall I think these guys are great and I would absolutely love to see more, or an entire theme, based around the concept of cheap small mechs with this general building style. They have points where they can improve like the hands being quite large and stuff but if this is going to be constractions future I would totally be down with that.

3 Likes

The battle suits seem alright, but I can’t get over how weird the arms are. They might’ve been better off with system hands. Overall, I do think they’re okay, I’m going to pick up at least Aaron, but i prefer the Ultimate format.

You prefer an ugly figure and a glorified stand over a mech?
OK then :rolling_eyes:

4 Likes

I actually find the minifigures pretty alright, Magmar especially. Mostly I prefer it because I don’t like the mechs.

I just built up mine today I find that they’re actually not bad figures at all. They’re a bit crude in their construction but that’s partially because LEGO seems to still be kind of experimenting with these Mixels joint. But overall I think they’re pretty decent. The articulation on each of them is pretty decent for any kind of action pose or motion you desire it’s not perfect but for their size its not half bad. If I had any complaints it’d be the lack of Knee articulation, the aesthetics of the shield and the hand pieces which come off as ridiculously disproportionate to the rest of the figure. But overall I’d give it like a 8/10.

I hope LEGO takes this and improves it enough to where little action figures like these can be created and collected. Kind of like Mixels but with a more serious storyline and consistent characters.

1 Like

Having not owned any of the Battle Suits, but the opportunity to handle Battle Suit Axl, I would definitely say that it looks much better in-hand than it does on the box. However, I do still believe that the proportions (especially on the legs and a bit with the arms) are odd.

When it comes to Axl vs everyone else, I am still on the fence about it. With the others the heads are quite tiny compared to the rest of the mech, but on the other hand, Axl’s beefy upper body stands awkwardly where the head should be. I believe I am leaning a bit more towards liking Axl’s better.

With all of that said, would I buy the Battle Suits?
Honestly, no, I wouldn’t.

The proportions of the mechs are too awkward for me, I do not care much for the robes that the Knights have rather than the armor, and, at the moment, there are no villain equivalents to these Battle Suit sets.
The villains have always been my main point of interest with this theme, whether it be grunts, monsters, or big bads; and although I do very much like the Knights as well, this iteration of them I do not think I would be willing to spend $10 for.

My final verdict is much more personal taste than it is a suggestion to others. If you like the Knights, and if you like their printing this time around, or simply enjoy the style of the mechs themselves, I would say go for it; but if you’re like me who much prefers the villain side of things, I would suggest either saving your money for future $10 sets or look back at the Ultimate sets.

1 Like

I pretty much agree entirely with this. While I only currently own Axl, I can say that I really do enjoy how the rest of them look. Perhaps my favorite part is how the shoulder armor alludes to the shape of the rider’s helmet, most easily recognizable with Axl’s. Depending how much spare money I have, I may purchase the rest in the future.

Having said all that, I do not think that this is a big new direction for Lego, and will determine the future of constraction. IMO, this is just a little spin-off wave that will die before next year. Lego may use the pieces in the future (ala Mr. Freeze), but I can’t see them making a full line out of it.

2 Likes

After purchasing two of them myself (Axl and Aaron), my opinions are substantially more positive. Get hype for the next BrickFeed Podcast episode!

-Mesonak

3 Likes

I personally haven’t handled them, but some online friends have showed me them. Based on that, and reviews, I’m pretty excited for it.
I concede that they’re not the most amazing sets in the world, but they open up exciting possibilities. When I first heard of these guys, my first thought was Exo-Force MOCs and potential for growth in the future.
I think most people shunning these are forgetting that new types of sets get better and better with every wave. Compare current CCBS sets to the initial HF2.0 run. Compare the current Ninjago dragons to the older ones. They are much different, and, in my opinion, much better.
Personally, I say give them a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Appearance does not matter, what matters is the character. I like Macy’s Battle suit.

I don’t like the battle suits, nexo knights, ninjago, or marvel, but the green goblin suit has a purple dino tail tip so it’s slightly better.

2 Likes

Hey, Meso was kinda right here