What elements would you have liked to see?

Yeah, but Turahk could only amplify fears if I’m correct, not solidify them :stuck_out_tongue:
Turahk got beaten up with a flashlight. He’s not OP.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

But then there was Irnakk…

Irnakk himself was a fear, who was able to use fears.

Wow. That makes no sense. How can a fear use fears? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

fearception

1 Like

I don’t there to be more elements added in but I think it would be cool to have a team composed of elements other than the standard six.

I’d say a team consisting of the bohrok kal’s powers with the green filling taking the spot of vacuum. I don’t know what you would do about color as I can’t recall what they look like at the top of my head.

1 Like

Plasma - white/burnt orange
Electricity/lightning - blue/white (female)
The green - green/blue
Magnetism - gunmetal/black
gravity - black/purple
sonics - gray/black

If you were implying that these should be the main toa for a year (aka sets), you would probably have to swap out sonics or magnetism for something else so that you do not have more than one gray/black sets.

1 Like

Go talk to Scarecrow. He might know,

1 Like

Absolute Corruption: Basicly unnatural/twisted power, which disrupts nature and creates unpleasant things. Possibly as strong as Shadow. Probably Black and HF-silver

Artifice: Only able to control artificial items or elements, essentially the weakest element unless in an abundance of what is considered ‘artificial’. Grey and Pearl Silver. Possibly warm/01 silver

Sol: Powered up by the sun and faintly by moon-light, Users are able to inflict Solar-related blasts or are able to utilize plasma and light rays. White and Orange. Alternatively they can use moonlight for minor healing or for light. Moon-light Sol users are White and navy or some type of Dark Blue

I’ll think up of more later

The only ones I would like to see are Earth, Fire, Air and Water. Be gone with the nonsensical Ice and Stone which are part of Water and Earth, also Jungle is not a element.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

So, the way I see it, Water controls, creates, and absorbs the liquid itself.

Ice, in the meanwhile, controls the process of making things cold, producing cold, and absorbing cold. The cold simply physically manifests itself in the most common way: Ice.

As for Jungle, it’s implied that this element grants control over flora, rather than the mere inorganic ground/rock control of Earth.

And if you’re gonna play the

card, might I mention that…

1. Fire is a chemical reaction
  2. Water is a compound
  3. Air is comprised of a variety of elements
  4. Earth is Same as air
6 Likes

It’s been stated in the past that the Ice element makes use of a fictional “cold energy” (despite real life cold being absence of heat), and the Shadow element makes use of “shadow energy” (despite being absence of light). Greg didn’t really care about realistic physics.

5 Likes

Read that.

and that, please. Western interpretation comes from Greek sources and is the most widely known.

What you said is only the modern scientific knowledge of what an element is. It is not the ancient one, one that has been used longer than modern Chemistry or Physics and is certainly the one that influenced many fictional settings (such as Avatar, and even Bionicle to some extend) .

I am completely aware of both of these things.

I would counter argue that Bionicle shouldn’t need to stick to them so religiously.

And that’s all well and good. Nothing wrong with that. I love Avatar, I love Golden Sun, another series that uses them. However, IMO, there is nothing saying that franchises should need to stick to them religiously.

You give very little truly justified(IMO) reasoning for wishing to do away with Plant Life. Ice and Earth I understand, but I’ve made my case for why Ice is fine.

You’re entitled to your opinion, and so am I.

1 Like

No need to type in a similar sentence twice.

There are all the reasons in the world why Ice, stone are not separate from water and earth.

From the wiki.

Ice (from the Old English “īs”, in turn from the Proto-Germanic “*isaz”) is water, frozen into a solid state. (It is its primary description, anything else only gets the Ice in its name because it was first used for water)

In geology, rock is a naturally occurring solid aggregate of one or more minerals or mineraloids. For example, the common rock granite is a combination of the quartz, feldspar and biotite minerals. The Earth’s outer solid layer, the lithosphere, is made of rock. (basically what we describe as Earth).

While I understand the simplification, it non the less confuses people even more, which is why Ice and Stone as elements are not needed.

Earth is soil
Stone is rock

5 Likes

B-b-but…ice and stone Toa were the coolest!

I think the elements were mostly use to symbolize certain personality traits and/or virtues.

Fire- Brash, unforgiving, unstoppable, raging, courageous

Air- Free-flowing, quick, relaxation

Water- Calming, healing, capable of intensity

Ice- Cold, tough, rigidity, endurance

Stone- Strong, hard, bold

Earth- Ancient, firm, power

Without ice and stone, or any other element, one important trait/virtue would be lost.

5 Likes

Yeah, like the virtues of prosperity and peace. But those don’t do anything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pun intended?

5 Likes

When I found out that Of the Green Toa were a thing, I wanted more. Sadly, no characters with that ability got much action, if any.

Kinda unrelated, but I wish Takanuva would be better named something like Avil Nuva, or at least a toa of light with av in its name, much like the toa mata.