What Grinds Your Gears?

Sadly enough, I attempted doing that when I was a Transformers-loving kid getting into BIONICLE…
flashbacks of trying to turn Tahu into a jet

2 Likes

The best bioformer on eBay.

8 Likes

Well, everyone’s got their thing. I may not find it entertaining, but someone does. After all, all television is just a product directed towards a single audience :stuck_out_tongue:

Many people think we’re weird for liking Lego, and we think they’re weird for liking certain TV programs. It’s all perspective and opinion.

3 Likes

True, but I just don’t get why people watch a show that goes on for seasons and becomes so shallow and pointless to the point that violence is now the only reason anyone is still watching.

It’s adrenaline.

A lot of people like the feeling of rushing blood and anxiety. I don’t personally (well, sometimes) but it’s a psychological thing. Seeing so much violence and suspense makes your heart beat faster, and a lot of people enjoy that feeling.

2 Likes

These conversations:

IP: “Hi!”

KS: “hey”

IP: “Hi!”

People who remind me how to do something I already know how to do and am currently doing.

People who tell me something I know when it is easy to figure out whether or not I know by observing.

Air mattresses

Clickbait

Thanksgiving

Columbus Day

Humans

Stupid dogs

People who call me cynical

Almost my entire family

The New 52

Vegans (really just the crazy ones)

People with different opinions on important matters

My biology teacher

My other teacher (Am I allowed to say “Theology”?)

New York taxes

My friends

People who think, on Arrow, Laurel was a better Black Canary than Sara.

Elton John haters

Unfunny Geico commercials

Post-Season 2 Olicity

The Gordon/Thompkins relationship on Gotham

The Tabitha/Butch relationship on Gotham.

2004-2009 Eminem songs

M’gann’s lack of hair on Supergirl

The Extended Cut of Suicide Squad

Beware the Batman being cancelled after 1 season

Spotify Regular on mobile

Regular YouTube on mobile

Parents

Autocorrect

DC Comics subscriptions

New York apartments

Lack of snow during the winter

The cyborg Two face in the LEGO Batman Movie

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I always hated that guy.

2 Likes

When scrubs say every anime is Naruto.

3 Likes

but isn’t it called kirito?

2 Likes

That’s

A character

The main character

Of a completely different show

3 Likes

I never understood that tbh.

I mean, Dragonball I could understand, but why Naruto?

1 Like

Naruto was a gateway anime for a lot of people just like DB. It also like DB was able to gain enough recognition for people outside of the fandom to be able to at least know of its existence.

That seems pretty understandable.

1 Like

but I read that in a portuguese mango

2 Likes

People complaining about TTV being different and getting boring even though they’re not that different. You guys are no fun :frowning:

The subject of the content getting boring is all subjective (though I feel it has). However, TTV has definitely switched the focus of their videos away from BIONICLE and other CCBS themes to system. This could lead the fanbase who came to the channel for the constraction discussion/news to become dissatisfied with TTV.

7 Likes

Sometimes it seems like the channel has become much more of a news source than a discussion channel (similarly to the Brick Show, which TTV has been becoming more and more similar to). This very business-like and objective nature, in my opinion, detracts from the entertaining discussion that was even more prevalent in the past.

5 Likes

I dunno, the random discussions on the regular podcasts and formerly TTV talks were always my favorite bits, despite finding them as a bionicle fan.

3 Likes

I think the TTV “initiative” to become closer with the Lego company has restricted this, and I feel like the most opinionated and entertaining discussion is primarily gone.

1 Like

The boards on IMDB for both The Force Awakens and Rogue One. Seriously, go check it out yourself it’s amazing. People are barely discussing the movie, they’re just making stupid jokes that have some political related insult to the other side, I’ve seen the same exact threads a hundred times, mainly “jar jar Abrams the king of diversity”. It makes me glad TTV doesn’t allow politics on these boards, and that’s coming from someone who follows that stuff quite heavily.

3 Likes

when little kids annoy birds
I wanna rip out their eyeballs…

6 Likes