What Grinds Your Gears?

The Civ VI expansions not being on Switch yet.

Also

When people assume I’m into all the hippy-dippy spirituality stuff just because I wear a lot of gemstone jewelry.

Like no, I just like pretty rocks.

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

2 Likes

When people say a movie, game, or show is an experience.

People might say something like:

“Joker isn’t a movie, it’s an experience.”

This is literally the most pretentious thing ever. Every form of media is an experience, regardless of it being good or not. Yet people say stuff like this ALL the time.

4 Likes

Lip smacking .
I know some people can’t control it but it makes me uncomfortable and once I notice it I can’t stop hearing it and I hate that

3 Likes

When my gears grind

Ok for real, when people say “YoU’Re nOt ThE bOsS oF mE” it is literally the most annoying thing ever.
And on Halloween when I see people taking the whole bucket when it says take one. I MEAN JUST TAKE ONE!
When joints break.

1 Like

women

3 Likes

Another gear

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 11.53.22 AM

@N01InParticular I feel your anger, seething. Strike me down!

People pretending to be super experienced in things they aren’t.

And then other people that are equally ignorant trying to call them out.

2 Likes

Friction adders that don’t add friction
Rice that doesn’t taste good
The fact I can’t find a reasonably priced 2015 Tahu for my collection
Fortnite
The Living Tombstone
Chocolate Lucky Charms
The fact Shadowgear6335 barely posts anything, and doesn’t post anything on Youtube. I mean, I get that he’s got his reasons that he said on that one podcast, but at least upload a clip of that to your channel or something to explain stuff, man!
Chihuahuas

2 Likes

A book duology (a book series consisting of only two books)

It feels like the author couldn’t write enough to stretch the series out to a trilogy and couldn’t start and wrap the story up in one single book. Also makes the peak at the end of the first book and the start of the second book, with the first book introducing and building up the characters and the second book wrapping up their arcs, not allowing more time (in the form of a middle book) to develop them as characters

2 Likes

I highly disagree. Duologies offer something away from the quintessential trilogy. And it’s not like the peak of a story takes place half way through - it takes place towards the end.

Additionally, it doesn’t take an entire book to introduce a character. In that case, why would you say you like standalone books if there’s no room for character development?

1 Like

I dunno why this was brought back to life, but let’s take this opportunity to cringe with young and immature Hawkflight, shall we?

I think I’ve got over my misophonia, for the most part. I don’t so much mind the different vocal styles, I just acknowledge that it’s not often what I want vocally. Audible distress is still a major turn off.

sigh

At this point I don’t know that many people who are LEGO fans that aren’t also BIONICLE fans, possibly by choice. I have to spend more time explaining how CCBS is part of the constraction meta, and not “traitorous Hero Factory pieces”.

Still bothers me a good bit, which sucks because my home studio has lots of cables.

Still bothers my mental health to this day.

sigh

I forget sometimes how black and white I saw the world back in 2015.

Ah, yes, using the theme of the topic to create thinly veiled personal attacks. Well played, me.

I still stand by this.

I’ve gotten even more apathetic since then. I’ve also got a lot more experience working with other people with autism, including a few that live up to that behavior.

I think that after I wrote that my sister probably learned not to clean my room without my permission.

3 Likes

yes well you see

also people eating chicken nuggets with anything but their fingers

1 Like

You got a problem with me eating nuggets with a pair of tongs?

1 Like

Warning big fat block of text inbound

Ok ya know what, I was casually making my way through this topic, liking posts I agree with and for the most part being too lazy to quote and reply to any comments but this comment I cannot ignore!
LEGO worlds grinds my gears!!! (no offence ‘Calvatron’)
I followed it right from its inception, watching all the YouTube play throughs of the early release and feeling so hyped for it only to be the biggest let down.
I got stuck on the horrible tutorial worlds, constantly being hindered by the horrible camera-which had no tracking first person option like Minecraft and the ai was broken such as a caveman for whatever reason felt he couldn’t escape a pit despite me getting the terrain to the correct height after hours of frustrating tool usage. Once I realised I could skip the tutorial worlds I did. The rest was equally boring and broken. The fancy builds you see in the trailers etc are just pre-made templates, the so called free building tools only could stack-no SNOT or hinge options and no intelligent connections, I couldn’t even build a shed without the hitboxes making it impossible to stack bricks or get a door into a perfectly sized gap.

Whereas on the other hand Minecraft is brilliant-no fiddley connections or lazy building system, truely infinite possibilities and plenty of mods to satisfy people who want vehicles etc. the only limit is your imagination!
So uh yeah. Minecraft good. LEGO worlds bad.

This too, some graffiti (I’m thinking of Banksy etc) is cool and requires effort and makes a location look better but for the most part graffiti is disgusting, where I live there is many coastal bunkers ranging from 1870s to WW2, these bunkers never saw action and many were damaged by demolition during the 70s. These bunkers have become a magnet for graffiti and its so frustrating, especially when it’s unintelligible scribbles, a certain fascist symbol, some “live, love, life” rubbish or a certain part of the male body. It’s so disrespectful-especially the fascist symbols seeing as these bunkers are ally ones and that some of them aren’t even from WW2! No one cares that they’re some of the first concrete buildings in the country or that the one of a kind cabinet labels and decorations inside have been ruined by vandalism, man graffiti and vandalism in general really grinds my gears.

This as well, both the ms-paint ‘kaiwaii’ ones and the warframe styled ones, literally makes me shudder.

I could probably winge and complain about even more things that grind my gears like the way some fandoms behave or people at school etc etc but I’ll leave it at that for your health and mine :smile:

Actually feels pretty good letting off some steam in some lengthy paragraphs.

boi you ain’t seen nothing

3 Likes

As you have seen fit to raise me from the pit like an ancient husk called forth by a sorcerer to fulfill one final task, I shall give an update to my opinion that I voiced…*checks notes * 6 years ago. To make things brief, no, I do not still think Lego Worlds does creation better than Minecraft. That’s silly moon-man talk. Minecraft is an incredible game that’s added an uncountable number of features to enhance creativity and functionality in the 6 years since I voiced that opinion, while Lego Worlds stagnated and rotted within the year. I think it’s still a fine tech demo, but I was very clearly talking out of my rear on that one. Now back to the grave with me.

6 Likes

Thank you for emerging from the grave :stuck_out_tongue: Yeah I forgot your opinion would be based on the early version and felt I’d express my thoughts on the final game.

@Winger
Ops I forgot that topic…

When you ask where to find something and the other person answers “search for it” like dude, there is a reason I asked: I don’t want to search for something for an hour if you can tell me right away, that just wastes time. Either you give me a real answer or not open your mouth.

Then I hate when people want to see my sketchbook, I refuse amd then they look at it anyways (yes, I’m talking about you father, who, of course is on the message boards)

People who give personal experience as indisputable proof, it’s not, if it happens to multiple people I may consider it, but if it’s just one person IT IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ANYTHING (this expecially with some people like anti-vaxxers, because by spewing their unscientific BS they are hirting their kids and other people’s kids because they might listen to them)

And of course, people who use BS theories and studies that have been debunked years ago as actual evidence (anti-vaxxers, flat hearthers, some religious people, and more)

People that use the “ArE yOu GAy?” Insult. Come on it’s 2021

That guy named davide that loves trucks. Man I hated that guy in middle school. At least I learnd self control when I didn’t punch him in the face every time I saw him, thats a big plus

Other stuff…

2 Likes

Got a new one:

Using the printer to scan papers, and one of them gets jammed. There’s no option to continue the scan after removing the jammed paper, you have to start over from the first page.

people that don’t like mustard

ALSO restaurants that mix ketchup and mayonnaise before putting it on the burger.

1 Like