What is your favorite Rock/metal/Metallica/alternative/adult alternative/etc song or band?

bro if you like linkin park, you have to get into Hybrid Theory,Meteora, and Gasp! Hunting party That is where they shine, my man…

I just can’t get into most of their older music. It’s not my thing. Part of it is that I really don’t care for rap–on A Thousand Suns, they mostly kept the rap songs separate from the rock songs, so I could just delete the rap songs. Can’t really do that with a lot of their other stuff. (As a big prog fan, I also greatly appreciated that ATS was a concept album, even if I had to get rid of some of the songs.) I’ll give Hunting Party a try, though, since I haven’t heard it yet.

The albums I absolutely recommend are Minutes To Midnight(the album before ATS) and LIVING THINGS(the album after ATS). “What I’ve Done” is a masterpiece and I absolutely adore CASTLE OF GLASS and Shinoda’s verses in BURN IT DOWN are the best part. here’s BURN IT DOWN:

Final Masquerade from Hunting Party is a good head banger song so having long hair (like I do) is perfect. :stuck_out_tongue: :smile:

I’ve heard both Minutes To Midnight and Living Things. I like some of the songs on MTM, especially “What I’ve Done.” As for LT, I didn’t care for it as much because they integrated rap sections into a lot of the songs instead of keeping those separate as they did on MTM and ATS–and I’m afraid Shinoda’s part on Burn It Down is a prime culprit there. But as I said, I will give Hunting Party a try one of these days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

right, so anyone heard of Disturbed? Instead of remembering their dark music, anyone remember their cover of ‘living after midnight’? It was pretty good

Nay, but I have heard their cover of “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For,” which was surprisingly good (and not dark). (Actually, I think that’s their only song that I’ve heard. XD )

1 Like

@JMP Oh, man, disturbed is one the best bands to ever exist… I didn’t like them at first because they were my older sis’s favorite band, and they were all she listened to. but because of that, I got into them and enjoyed them ever since…

@John_Smith If that’s what you say, then you might not like it… The first song in the album scared the carp outta me when it came on, as it was very loud scream from chester. Don’t get me wrong, though, because there are a few very melodic songs that are amazing, and prove their talent, such as line in the sand, and final masquerade… but do give it a try…

Edited for Double Post - WajKnight

2 Likes

any body else like Escape the Fates, Bullet for my Valentine, black Veil brides, Red, Pillar, Thirty seconds to mars, Device, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Godsmack, and/or Spineshank??

The most hard rock thing I’ve listened to is Halestorm and from them I’ve heard Mz. Hyde and I Miss The Misery. Though I have heard of 30 Seconds to Mars

Cool, cool. If I even just find one or two songs I like, I’ll be happy. :smile:

They’re not bad. This Is War is the album of theirs I’ve listened to the most, though it’s been awhile.

1 Like

This topic needs more Slayer.

1 Like

I really like Stam1na, Celldweller, Disturbed and Trivium.

My favourite band would have to be Linkin Park

My favourite song would be LOST IN THE ECHO, by Linkin Park

1 Like

At first I didn’t really like LOST IN THE ECHO but after listening to it a few more times, I’m starting to dig it. Even though 90% of it is rap and I don’t really like rap

1 Like

Yeah I felt the same when I first heard it. Some rap I don’t like and some I like a lot.

This topic is hilariously broad. Most of the bands listed here aren’t even related aside from not being pop or country.

You’d have an easier time listing the genre’s you don’t like.

6 Likes

Since Metallica was listed in the topic name I’m just here to say Orion by Metallica is one of my favorite songs of all time

4 Likes

Thirty Seconds To Mars is pretty good. I kind of detest Black Veil Brides, though.

1 Like

You like metallica? you and my mother would get along great…

Love that profile pic. I love the songs Papercut, one step closer, and in the end from hybrid theory