What Languages Have You Learned?

English! Yes, I live in America. (I’m also fluent in Pig Latin) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m still learning American.

Seriously though, at the moment I only know English, but I wish to learn Greek one day, as half of my family is Greek.

5 Likes

i know a tiny tiny bit of japanese

Yelling henshin whatever Kamen Rider name doesn’t count

dude i took rosetta stone for a year

2 Likes

But can you speak the language? Or are all those silly names leaving you complainin’?

I can say a few phrases, and understand general sentence structure.

ex.

Konichiwa! Watashi no nomai wa Slime desu! Nonde imaska?
obviously that’s in romaji because i dont feel like grabbing the katakana
also the hiragana

3 Likes

I speak nonsense and gibberish fluently.

4 Likes

My list of languages:

English (UK)
English (US)

I’m so cultured!

4 Likes

Je parle le francaus trés beaucoup, et m’etudier ce langue depuis ma onze année.

I think that sentence correctly. It’s been a while since I took French.

Since my Bar Mitzvah a few years back, I’m also a master of reading Ancient Hebrew.

1 Like

Trying to learn Maori. Hopefully I don’t get sued.

4 Likes

I plan to learn Tolkien’s Matoran Language over the summer.

1 Like

You mean Elvish? I used to know how to write Elvish. Forgot most of it now.

No, I’m talking about the BZP user by the name of Tolkien. He wrote a matoran dictionary and constructed grammar for it based on the various matoran words we know from G1, e.g. “toa” “nui” “metru” and so on.

1 Like

Ohh. I see. I think it’s more traditional to learn Maori. Especially since I’m using it as a language spoken in my story.

Probably. Have fun with that!

Thanks! You too :slight_smile:

I’m more versed in English than most native English speakers, and attempted to learn a bit of German. I always struggled with the vocabulary, but the pronunciation and grammar came naturally to me. I would like to one day learn Croatian, as my family is originally from Croatia, and quite frankly it just sounds cool. I am fluent in a language I invented, it’s a spoken language that doesn’t really translate to writing though, as it has its own phonetic alphabet. I can also read and write Matoran almost as quickly as I can English.

1 Like

I speak english…so yey.

3 Likes