What Makes Hero Factory So Lame?

I just got to say- the best building system is, not to sound generic, but mixing both.

Hero Factory had some very good sets throughout its line but it’s start was relatively poor. It felt like a huge downgrade from Bionicle. They began to pick themselves up and through out most of the line made much better sets, but once we reached Brain Attack the quality was slowly starting dwindle again. It felt like they were finally doing pretty good and then started to get lazy. So while I don’t think HF is lame, it felt like it was an underachieving series, because it made some lame decisions.

The story has major faults. I personally don’t like the core idea of “Heroes” being built in a factory as opposed to being born and becoming heroes through their own impetus and character development.

Added, the fact that the figures barely changed from 2011 till 2015 wasn’t a good thing. Especially since they really missed some obvious stuff.

OoF: They seemed to slap shells on at random. Furno had the same two shells in each leg, but one of them had the long shell on the thigh and the short shell on the shin, and the other had the short shell on the thigh and the long shell on the shin. Why? Some of them also didn’t include enough shells to cover all of the bones. And open backs.

SP: Same lack of enough shells, compounded by the arrival of one of CCBS’ longest-running issues: Unnecessary trans colours. And open backs.

BO: The sets got taller, moving them away from the impulse point, and the heroes’ single-piece torso armour meant that they ended up being very thin. Only adding one new eye colour. Small sets also lacked back armour. Genesis of the unnecessary grey CCBS bone.

BA: Spamming metallics and trans pieces begins here! Most of the visors were just ugly looking. The villains were mostly awful.

IFB: They finally did something a little different.

1 Like

I accually liked HF, it’s story was a little, well, sad, but it had an enticing premise, and as I grew up through my early trans with HF, and only got into Bionicle’s story half way through HF. I think the line had potential, but lego was to busy selling toys to pre-teens (me at the release) to bother with a story.

Ok, can we change this to ‘Things in Hero Factory that were Lame’?

1 Like

You can admit parts of it are bad, but if you think it’s all bad, you don’t like it.

Yeah you’re entirely right.

I think the reason so many people dislike Hero Factory is because it came right after the end of Bionicle. From most people’s perspective, it replaced it (which I don’t believe to be the case) and this created a bad impression on the community.

1 Like

Isn’t it just entirely the case though?

Yes and no.

BIONICLE ended, and so Hero Factory was made to take it’s place. BIONICLE wasn’t cancelled to make way for HF.

In a way, BIONICLE’s death gave birth to Hero Factory. Hero Factory’s birth didn’t kill BIONICLE.

(Or at least that’s how I understand it)

1 Like

Yeah, people seem to think It’s hero factory’s fault, it’s not, it’s just bionicle’s fault if anything.
People were so immature back in 2010-12.

1 Like

I know a lot of people don’t like Hero Factory but i acctually happen to like it More than the original Bionicle series.

3 Likes

Well I can’t say that myself though it is good through all the waves.
There are some lego themes I like better than both Bionicle G1, G2, and hero factory.
Those being;
Original System sets (Space, Castle, Pirates, etc.),
Mars Mission,
Power Miners,
and Alpha Team (Though I never got any of the sets :gregf:),

All the kids liked hero factory,like me.I collected so much sets and then, canceled.I don’t think hero factory is lame.But invasion from below was not so good.

Hero Factory was never lame in my opinion. The only reason why people think of it that way was because they think Bionicle is superior and Hero Factory, and was just a rip-off
just to continue the buildable figures line. But that is not true. It introduced the CCBS, wich is much resistent and better for building MOCs. The story was fine, and actually the good thing is that the Hero Factory episodes would be all pubished on the official LEGO Youtube channel, were anybody can see them. As far as Bionicle goes, the story was tolled trough books and comics mostly, wich was not accesable to anybody. That is my opnion.

Unvisited potential

It wasn’t and you’re just being mean.

=P

I think everyone hates it because it came right after Bionicle, which was just so grand that when compared side by side to Hero Factory, Bionicle puts it to shame. Hero Factory just wasn’t as dedicated as Bionicle.

2 Likes

Hero Factory is not lame in any way. For fans who got into LEGO in 2010 (like I did) when Bionicle was just ending, they saw Hero Factory as thier Bionicle. Of course, Hero Factory is nowwhere near the Level of Bionicle, but it will always have a special spot in my heart…

1 Like

But the quaza in their core makes them alive and have personalities.

1 Like