What would happen if Rahkshi switched Kraata?

Rahkshi, in essence, are basically just lifeless suits of armor without another Kraata behind the wheel controlling them, as the original dies during the transformation.
Given that they do require pilots, however, it would be far more likely that their actual physical controls could be accessable by any Kraata, though whether or not the usage of a specific power set would be required to animate the suit or if it already possesses one of its own on some level is technically still up for debate. Until someone inevitably decides to ask Greg, that is.

So, just a thought.

Y’know how the Toa Mata’s masks were gray before they put them on, and then they turned that Toa’s color when worn?

What if Rahkshi are the same? What if a Rahkshi is just a mech that can be piloted by any Kraata, and changes color to match the Kraata inside.

But Willess, you say, what about the staffs, and the spines?

I thought about that, too. Then it occurred to me. Outside of the Rahkshi of Heat Vision (where some artistic license was taken already) we never see a horde of – or even two of – same-type Rahkshi. For example, the only Turahk we ever saw in print media was the one on Mata Nui. So, who says that every Turahk carried that same staff? Maybe Rahkshi just need a staff, and the shape of the staff is random. Same thing with the spines.

TLDR: We have Greg here now guys. Someone should ask him.
Yeah, I know that’s not a TLDR.

~W12~

1 Like

Interesting theory, but it’s already been established in canon that both suit and Kraata need to be of the same variety in order for it to access the fullest extent of its capabilities, a.k.a., the ability to have any functioning powers at all.
The spines and staffs idea is one I can actually get behind, however, as both Rahkshi of Disintegration (Guurahk) and Heat Vision (STARS) come with the same weapon pieces in set form, and the spine shapes could almost entirely be physically dependent on the body of the mutated Kraata (or perhaps their individual levels). So there is at least some evidence that backs up these ideas.