What Year did You Become a Fan?

I mean, when the cordak blaster works, it works.
To be fair, the squid launcher is… sub par, to say the least.

I’m jelly. At most mine pushes the shots out like half a centimeter or so within the barrels

2 Likes

Hey, I didn’t say that that doesn’t happen to me, too.
because it does

Ever since the Toa Mata. Tahu and Kopaka were my first sets.

I was kinda a latecomer, I started out in the period between the mahri and the phantoka
Sucks because I thought all the mahri sets were so cool except Hewkii. I ended up with Hewkii and then the Mahri ended and they moved on to the phantoka. I did get gadunka though, which is a really cool set btw even if it is wierd.

I received Toa Iruini as a present but never built it until after I got into Bionicle during the Mistika run. The later sets were average, but I managed to pick up some Toa Mahri and a Barraki at my local Fry’s, and then I remembered I still had a Toa Iruini somewhere.

1 Like

2001 for me when I first bought Lewa.

We need this page to have a poll going around so we know how many people became fans at what year the most and least.

2 Likes

The great thing about Fry’s is that they generally have sets for a longer time than most retailers.

i don’t even remember when i started getting into it
but my first set was metru nui onua

2004, man. Can’t even hardly remember. I think my first set was a dinosaur 3 in 1 set, followed by the 3 in 1 titan set. Then I found BIONICLE, where my first set was a red Vahki.

Good times. Good, simpler times.

I watched the Toa Mahri movie on LEGO.com in 2007, didn’t realize they were sets until they were all gone at the end of 2008…

So, technically 2007. My first set was bought in 2008, when ignorant me looked straight at Krika, Bittle and Gorast… and picked up Gali Mistika.

Those were some dark times.

Well, in my opinion Gali Mistika as a toy looks amazing, on pair with the Makuta, it’s just that it does a terrible job at resembling Gali in any way possible, so I honestly totally get why someone who isn’t really into the story would pick the set up. Same goes for the other Mistika.

I got you.

What year did you become a Bionicle fan?

0 voters

I included the years during the hiatus cause it’s possible due to the large online presence of Bionicle someone could have discovered it through those places.

7 Likes

Been a fan since 2001, I was barely old enough to even talk back then but I played around with them and my parents would help me build the sets. Some of my first sets were Lewa, Kopaka, and the Nui-Jaga.

1 Like

2003 is when I got my first set, the Green Rahkshi, I think after my brother showed Bionicle to me while we were in Asda or something. And the rest is history…

I became a true fan after seeing mol for the first time in 2003

I have been a fan of Bionicle since 2005/2006, but I have no memory of exactly when I first came in contact with Bionicle just small memories and information from my parents that i watched the movies before I bought or got an actual Bionicle set.
My first ever set was Toa Rahaga Bomonga who I got during the summer of 2005.

1 Like

2006, but I went a reread all the stories from before.

2017… … …