What's going on in your life?

HEY EVERYBODY! A bunch of amazing stuff just happened, I really want to talk about all of it, but for now I have some advice to ask of you all. I really want to introduce my girlfriend to Bionicle, but I’m not sure how I should go about doing so. Do any of you know of any introductory videos out there? Anything specific that I should do? Help me out here.

He really doesn’t in the first place, but thank you. Thank all of you for your support. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

In my opinion, if she likes games you could play MNOG with her and maybe slowly introduce her to the sets as the story unfolds and you find new characters or creatures. If you have the first book you can also read it to her and do the same thing, introducing the sets as the characters make their appearance into the story.

When it comes to introductory videos, the one from Advance Copenhagen is really good, but kinda spoils the Mata Nui thing at the end, so it may not be the best idea…

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Agreed, MNOG and the books are probably the best place to start. You could read them together if you spend that much time with one another, but assuming you both have things to do, I’d let her borrow the ones she needs to read on her own time. You can probably skip most, if not all of the games, but once she gets to 2006, it couldn’t hurt to give Heroes a try.

Best of luck with your relationship! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you.

Anyway, as for both you and @Altair, I do have a few things to say.

1. I actually don’t own most of the books, or any of the games, so those aren’t really much of an option.
  2. I actually really like the idea of having her play Mnog first. What I want to do is introduce her to the Mata story, and maybe the Nuva story, and then let her continue herself if she wants to, as I did.
1 Like

When it comes to the first two books, you can check out the audio version on YouTube, it’s even got the remastered mnog songs and fancy sound effects!

2 Likes

My friend’s family got some free tickets to the Grand prix de Montréal (grand prize of montreal in english) and they invited me! i’ve never been to any kind of race so i’m pretty excited

3 Likes

Speaking of races, I’m slowly but surely wrecking my 2011 (maybe possibly) Lego Technic Supercar. I’ll throw a picture of the skeleton of the build if someone is interested.

4 Likes

So I was doing some shrugs at the gym right? I was going easy, only a 40Lbs bar. When all the sudden, I hear a tearing sound, I look down, and my sleeves have torn off for their entire top half, I racked my weights, tore the remnants off, and am now the proud owner of a new tank top

1 Like

Well, school’s recently out, as in today at about 12:30, so my summer has now begun, during which I’m planning on doing a little stop motion and having jobs to save up for a Nintendo Switch.

3 Likes

well recently I have found a trend in something I have been doing recently, staying up until six in the morning. Though I will obtain minor fatigue from doing such an act. It is fun to hear and see my residential abode awaken with the crack of dawn.

That’s almost the same time I got out, except I got out at 12:00.

So I just filled out my first Job application.

It asked me like three times if I was involved with any sort of illegal activity.

5 Likes

Best have not lied and said yes.

8 Likes

How do you know if that’s a lie?

1 Like

Because you’re here.

9 Likes

Because you’re a Ninja.

Ninja’s are thieves/

2 Likes

And spies. They’re most often spies.

2 Likes

I have a difficult decision to execute. I want to gently detach from my girlfriend to start dating a guy. In retrospect, it sounds really easy. But my parents, my religion, and my friends wouldn’t approve. The social backlash would almost kill me. I understand a lot of you will probably be set aback by my decision, and I respect your thoughts on the subject mater.

But this is a big decision. A hard decision. I really do like him. Even more than any girl I’ve dated… Is it worth the unsupportive whiplash from my surrounding company? I really think it is.

But I’m having trouble pushing through the fear and going through with the next step.

Anyway, that’s what’s up in my life, haha.

6 Likes

It depends really on who the person is and how much you are worth to them and vice versa. Make sure you are certain that you want to be with him, and can take the hate. If there’s anything I can say about the dealing with the hate, be laid back about it. Try it. Don’t be hurt if a friend or family member decides to insult you just because you are dating a guy. Just sort of throw your hands up and say “Yeah sure, gotcha.” I understand that you wouldn’t be used to how things would be due to what might happen (I don’t know your friends or family so I can’t say really) but start acting like it, you act like it, they’ll have to get used to it. They won’t be able to get through to you and they’ll get used to it. But if measures become extreme (which I hope they do not), don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself. Standing up for yourself is like getting a shot. You’re afraid it’s going to have some negative effect, but it actually isn’t bad. Except standing up for yourself has better effects than just “Meh, that shot didn’t hurt.” I guess I kind of sounded generic like those “inspirational” PSAs but hopefully this was helpful. And if religion really becomes an issue, I suggest you bring up which comes first to them, family or following.

So on other news, I had some dental stuff happen to me yesterday and am having extreme mouth pains. Do you guys know how hard it is to only be able to chew with your front teeth? Do you?!

2 Likes