What's the lifespan of different G1 beings?

Hi Greg! I wonder how long is the lifespan of different beings in the Bionicle G1.
To example: how long could a Matoran, Agori, Toa or a Makuta possible live if each of them would be given the right circumstances?

9 Likes

We never nailed down figures for this. Obviously, they are able to live for many thousands of years, but we didn’t set a lifespan basically because it would mean painting ourselves into corners. What if we had decided to jump ahead 2000 years for a story? If we previously said the lifespan of a Matoran would have run out by then, then we couldn’t use any pre-existing characters.

14 Likes

We know Takua was able to live for 100,000 years, and he is still alive as Takanuva, so assuming nothing have been changed about what makes the beings’ lifespan happen, it might be 100,000+. We know that the programming of their minds were slightly different going from Takua to other Matoran though.

2 Likes

Many MU beings still alive are 100,000 years old, with no sign of ageing. I doubt age has much effect other than getting more and more beat up when it comes to MU beings. We have heard of no MU being dying of natural causes. Most likely, they either don’t age, or can go on for a lot longer than the 100,000 years the oldest ones have existed for.

3 Likes

Greg has confirmed before that they can die of natural causes though, but it just takes a long time I guess. It takes diseases.

2 Likes

Well, by natural causes I did not mean diseases, but rather failure and breakdown of the body as it gets worn out. This would probably happen EVENTUALLY but the during 100,000 years we have seen, beings like Takua, Herlyx, Orde, Karzahni, Velika, Tren Krom, Artakha and Shadow Stealer do not seem to show any such signs. But then again, there is regeneration and, their entire body could probably be replaced, but then again, every part could pretty much be replaced in a human, so, I’d go with Helryx and Orde as the prime example, since, as far as we know, they’ve not been dealing with any anatomical failures, and as far as we know, have not transformed. Though we have not seen how they look, I do not believe they show any signs. Essentially, most MU beings usually get transformed undoing many of the effects of ageing, but also, it’s really slow, since beings who have been alive 100,000 years are still fine.

Side note; there is the Kanohi of ageing, aswell as Voporak’s power, so yeah. There would age, but just very slow. Then again, doing some math here…

Based on this Farshtey Feed - Final Entry - blogs_blog_59 - BZPower Raanu would be about 60 human years, and that Raanu is 265,000 years old, since he was born little before Lein’s death. So, since we want to know 100, you can cover that into being 100%, this would make 60 years be 60% or 0,6. So, what we do is take 265,000/0,6 which will give us 100%, being 416,666,666… years. So about 400-450 thousand years would be equivalent to 100 years of age for a human when it comes to Agori, and probably something close to that among Bone Hunters, Agori and Skrall.

So yeah. Maybe they age at the same rate as Agori? They’d only be around 25 or so human years.
(note, Agori would probably grow up at a faster rate than that, rather than be babies for thousands of years, which seems kind of implausable when taking Kiina into account, even if teenagers were allowed to fight in the Core War. Iirc from the LMBs, though I may be wrong, Gelu is also of a similair age, and both of them participated in the Core War.)

Minor note, Greg’s example of 2,000 years, man that’s such a small number in BIONICLE :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Keep in mind the Agori and Glatorian were almost entirely organic originally, and later added biomechanical implants into their bodies. This could have prolonged their lives.

EDIT: Saabhdbsiufbkljnasbfwe I did a derp

4 Likes

You mean organic not mechanical?

2 Likes

Don’t look at me I promise I’m smart

:sob: thx tho

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question and I’m really happy that I finally got an explanation regarding the lifespans of different beings in the Bionicle Universe :slight_smile:

Sorry that I didn’t send my thanks earlier in May last year.

here a qustion that may tell how long those from Spherus Magna live have the great beings have bean the same members there were from over 265,000 years since know there can up at lest a 100,000 years if there do change members we give a little on how there live for

1 Like