Where are all the younger fans?

My first set was Gavla. I think that’s the main cause of my nearly unfounded lack of dislike towards Av-Matoran/Agori/Stars builds.

15 lol

2 Likes

I got into LEGO in 2010, when Bionicle was just ending and Hero Factory was just beginning. Although at the time the Stars sets and some of the 2009 sets were still available, I never got any of them, but saw pictures with them, and played some mini games on the LEGO official website with Bionicle. But as I sayed, Bionicle was just ending, so I got into Hero Factory, and collected sets from each wave. When G2 arrived on shelfs, all my Bionicle memories came back and I started looking back at the old sets again. It won’t be after the end of G2 that I started collecting as many G1 sets as I can, and now I own like 25 G1 sets… (If I am not mistaken), and I always look into getting more.

(I own all sets from 2009 except for the Titans, the vehicles and the polybags. I own every normal figure from 2009 :smile:)

1 Like

Y’all dang kids making me feel ancient.

Although I must say it is encouraging seeing relatively younger fans still taking an interest.

4 Likes

Another 14 year old over here. I have faint memories of reading the 2004 comics (IDK how) and playing battle for power in 2008, but the first bionicle sets I got my hands on were in 2009. When I found out there was deep lore, I got into it legitimately.

3 Likes

I got into Bionicle when I was 12 or 13, after the initial cancellation, but long before anyone knew about G2.

The reason there probably aren’t any new younger fans is because Bionicle has fallen so far from the popular consciousness, that most young kids now a days probably don’t even know it exists. And if they do its probably only G2 they know.

4 Likes

I am yet to be conceived

3 Likes

Oh, Gosh, I LOVED that game. Good luck you can still play it on Biomedia Project.com
:smiley:

3 Likes

My story in depth:

2008 was cool, I wanted a set, got Gavla as a party favor at a friend’s party. Christmas came, got Tahu Mistika. I loved to go onto the website and play the games or watch the “creepy” '07 trailers (my favorite year). '09 happened, I got two sets, it was cool, I played the BTD: Bionicle edition, and then '10 happened.

As a naive kid, I didn’t realize that meant the end (I collected every Star anyways). HeroFactory came out, and while I at first was skeptical, I watched the show and loved it. Surge and Furno came, I collected mainly the villains, I’ve customized a Hero Recon, as well as was gifted one, and then Bionicle 2015 came out.

At this time, my mom had a rule: “No more Bionicle.” And so, 2015 passed with no new Constraction, as well as '16. And so when I discovered TTV, my interest peaked, and now I’m trying to go back and make up for lost years.

3 Likes

My parents were like: “No more LEGO”. But that was not enough to stop me…

In our life always comes a moment when our parents stop buying LEGO to us, because “YOU ARE TOO OLD FOR LEGO”. And when this moment comes, you should have enough money to buy LEGO with your own money…

Does that make me old too
Also does being a mod automatically make you ten years older cuz I think that’s what happened with Slime[quote=“meepinater, post:15, topic:47632”]
That’s pretty good.
Not too young, but not one of the veterans of the LEGO world.
[/quote]

That’s why you gotta have connections, man
I’ve been part of the AFOL community for several years, definitely before I became an actual adult
I mean nobody wanted me there but I hung on like some kind of adolescent leech

3 Likes