Which Year Of Bionicle Would You Adapt Into A Movie?

And makuta would be Arnold Schwarzenegger!

6 Likes

This sounds awesome, but only if they have battle armor that evokes their set appearance.

2 Likes

Definitley 2006!
The Piraka were really great enemys and I’m sure it would be interesting to adapt this story into a movie, maybe even two?
Although I would love to see all the years as movies or at least as TV Series.
(I think 2001 would be a cool TV Series…)

But if I could choose one year I would go for 2006, because it even made me sad as I realized it’s not going to have an movie adaption.
And I would like to see it in a style that’s like the 2007 commercial of Bionicle.

1 Like

“What killed the Dinobots? The dark age!”

3 Likes

For sure- I didn’t mean to suggest that they wouldn’t resemble the sets. In terms of weapons, they could all have their respective tools; Onua could even have realistic CGI bio-mechanical claws; but armoring them otherwise would be tough, unless they resembled the Nuva or the 2015 Masters more than they resembled the Mata.

1 Like

I would make a movie combining the 2006 and 2007 waves (Which I think were Toa Inika/Piraka and Barraki/Toa Mahri)

The movie would last 2.5 hours long. The 1st hour would basically represent what happened on Voya Nui and the 2nd hour and a half would represent what happened underwater. Sometime during the movie there would be flashbacks explaining what happened to certain stuff (ie the Piraka fighting the Toa Nuva, how the matoran like Jaller become Toa Inika and how the Toa Inika became the Toa Mahri and what happened to Dekar)

The main protagonists will be the Toa (duh) and the main villian will be the Piraka, Barraki, and Maxillos (the guy Makuta possessed in the 2007 wave I think)

There will also be an end credit scene like in the Marvel Cinematic Universe showing off Mutran doing an experiment on a matoran (which will become Vican) and like a 20 second scene showing off the Toa Phantoka and Mistika.

1 Like

I don’t know, I think that that would be a lot of story for one movie…

Personally I’d rather see 06 as a movie, followed by 07 as a sequel, and then a prequel explaining the story of the Matoran’s journey to Voya Nui that was told in the books.

1 Like

^This.

I’d still like the post-credits scene though. Just imagine the sight of a Le-Matoran mutating to reveal that he is, in fact Vican. Creepy.

1 Like

oh yeah, totally! and you could have an end credits scene in the 06 movie showing the earthquake, and the Barraki escaping the pit!

403 count: 57

5 Likes

Also, why has no one mentioned 2010 much? I think the final battle would have been great.

4 Likes

Because most people hate 2010…

4 Likes

01 would have been a cool movie, IMO.

1 Like

I mean, a movie may have made it better. I think it would have been nice to see the final battle animated, and it would have made a good fallow up to 2009.

3 Likes

Definitely the Ignition Trilogy. That whole mish-mash of '06-'08 are my absolute favorite pieces of Bionicle story.

But it’d be fun to see each year told in a movie format, revamping the existing movies, and making sort of a Bionicle Cinematic Universe.
(Maybe even TV shows covering some of the serials, like one covering the Federation of Fear. That would be amazing.)

3 Likes

2006 and 2007.

2 Likes

The Ignition Trilogy as a whole would have made for an awesome second trilogy, especially if it was styled like the first one. Most of those characters held weight already, as they were from Mata Nui, but there were some interesting enemies and allies thrown into the mix as well.

4 Likes

2010 could actually make a good movie, if expanded upon.
Consider legions of Bohrok led by Lewa (yes, I know Lewa is supposed to be elsewhere, but in my movie he makes it back so there :stuck_out_tongue: ) fighting legions of Rahkshi (all 42 types, not just the yellow one), Piraka (different indivuduals) and Skrall (the tall red ones.) Additonally, the Baterra would probably enter the fray, considering how many armed warriors arrived in literally seconds. The aerial vehicles (Axalara, Jetrax, Rockoh) could do battle against the legions, and even the Skopio. Tuma could clash against Piraka leaders in a struggle for villainous supremacy. All of this is set against the backdrop of Mata Nui and Makuta exchanging blows, Pacific Rim style.

4 Likes

2005- web of Shadows remastered

2 Likes

2007, my favorite overall year, and the underwater aesthetic would make it more unique among the current films.

1 Like

2007, the year that needs it the most, because it is the year that is the best.

1 Like