Who's Your Star Wars Narrator?

Y’know the opening crawl in every Star Wars movie? Who’s the dude who narrates it in your brain?

I’ve personally been using Murray from the Wiggles for twelve years. Four year old Plurb knew what a quality voice was.

6 Likes

I usually read it as the clone wars announcer. Canonically he’s dead after Episode 4 but I still use the voice.

Or I just read it in my own voice.

8 Likes

He was a character?

1 Like

Indeed he was.

He has a nice mustache.

4 Likes

I admit never connecting the character with the announcer.

1 Like

Yeah, since the Narrator and Yularen are always listed as separate characters, I really doubt Yularen is narrating every episode of Clone Wars. Why would he? Is it during off-time is he telling those stories to clones in the mess hall or something?

“Our heroes crash land on a distant planet-”

“Why does the Admiral use that voice? It’s kinda silly.”

“I don’t know, but I wouldn’t question it. At least it’s entertaining.”

As for who I hear narrating the opening crawls, it’s just my own voice. I’ve never had a certain character read the crawl in my head.

1 Like

I mean it’s only logical that the narration is only a trope to get you up to speed since many folk don’t read title scrolls.

When I was surprised It was mostly due to not realizing the voice actor was the same dude

I guess they’re seperate characters? Except they have the same voice and everything.

Um… I just read it. I don’t imagine voices when I read, unless there is a dialogue. I guess if I was imagining a voice, it would probably be mine, but whatever.

1 Like

I read it in Gordon Freeman’s voice.

Wait…

4 Likes

I read it without a voice.

I think, because I personally don’t pay much attention to any voices I use to narrate title scrolls that appear in the first 5 minutes of each Star Wars movie in my head.

The voice of God, Morgan Freeman.

Heck yeah.

I’ve been using Ian McKellan for all my narrating purposes.

2 Likes

I never consciously put a voice to it, so just my own internal monologue. And I don’t think I’ve ever watched Star Wars while my internal dialogue switched to someone else’s voice, so just my voice.

Since my dad read the opening crawl to me when I first saw A New Hope when I was a wee little lad, I always hear it in his voice.

2 Likes

Spongebob reads 'em for me,

Either my mother, as she read them out when I was a smaller human, or me, yelling, because that is what I do now…

My over-hyped self screaming the words at full blast.

My siblings actually look forward to me reading the opening prologue to Star Wars films now.

Me impersonating Yularen, because my sisters make me.

2 Likes