Why are all of the Podcasts live?

Recently I’ve noticed the Podcasts have been being livestreamed almost exclusively, though not really being uploaded after. Why is this? Will they be uploaded later? I typically watch TTV in my free time, so livestreams aren’t exactly the most convenient for me. It’s possible I may have missed something, but I would like to know why this change has happened. Thanks!

Chances are they’ll be on Patreon first, and then uploaded on to YouTube.

I don’t know for sure since I’m not a part of the Patreon, but it’s my best guess.

Mainly to communicate with the fans (that payed). Often times they help search out info like what this actor do or if this piece is new or not. TTV isn’t the first to do this type of thing, but they seems to change the “format” since they post live on Youtube recently.

They need to do some edit to make the podcast more visually appealing despite most people just focus on the audio and interact on other things simultaneously.

I would like to know the changes as well, but they need to edit out some accidental swearing or random NSFW/law-breaking post form one of the viewers.

1 Like

The fact that it is live on YT bothers me because that was always one the main perks of Patreon.

The videos are being livestreamed because it cuts out the process of having the assemble the audio and video together after the recording. It saves a ton of time, but because of the process that is used it goes live on YouTube.

We’re currently working out how to best deliver the show, but for Patrons, you still get to tune into the show live without a time delay, and not to mention your chat actually ends up on the video and gets discussed on the podcast.

1 Like

We’re working on adding new Patreon perks, but the Patreons still get to directly interact and have their chat embedded as part of our videos.

Going live has been something we’ve been planning on doing for a while; we’ve only recently figured out how to do the slideshow live, which was our biggest hurdle. We started demoing going live by going in the Patreon chat, but it’s been something we were planning since the Vessel days. I apologize for that not being properly communicated, though.

We’re working out the kinks in the video stream, which is why they still have to be edited (last week’s podcast saw some issues). That being said, we will still be putting the full podcast out as a video, albiet on a new channel dedicated to podcasts. An abridged clip from the podcast will be put up on the channel, with a link to the full episode.

2 Likes