Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

This is a reasonable issue, but the classic 90s anime fan in me loves over the top power up stock footage

I assume you meant “same plot.” While I found this true of episodes 3 and 4, I thought 5 began introducing us to more shaking up of the formula.

Namely in how Aaron didn’t need the Nexo Power to best Whiparellla.

You would rather they focus on an entirely new cast every episode?

I fail to see the issue with world consistency

Based solely on the sets, it would seem that Beast Master, Lavaria, Magmar, and the other Lava monsters will be recurring throughout this season. After all, we didn’t even see his Chariot in Beast Master’s episode, so it stands to reason that he will return.

5 Likes

First, even episode five ended with all of them getting there powers back and easily defecting the villains. Secondly, yes, I think a new cast each episode would be a novel and original concept, now that you mention it. Third, world consistency is one thing, but using the same copy and past mid evil village each episode is another. And finally, if Ninjago and Chima are any reference, it’ll probably be used as an expendable vehicle in some big battle.

Thirty Minutes to develop a whole new cast…

6 Likes

I would watch it

only after Aaron defeated them with his own wit…

err, lack thereof.

Anyway, the reason we get a requisite nexo power at the end of each episode is for app compatibility. Which i think is a fine thing.

Congratulations. Instead of a core cast you can develop over time, you give us too many characters that now are all flatly 2 dimensional.

We’re up to episode five. We’ve hardly seen all the world has to offer yet.

I uh, don’t quite understand this one. Could you maybe rephrase it?

I’m sorry.

EDIT

But “would anyone else?”, is the question.

7 Likes

yeah it stands to reason that next year all previous vehicles will be disposed or written out of the story. Chima always had every single vehicle released that wave on for the whole season but then suddenly disappear when the new ones came out. Ninjago had the decency to write out the old vehicles but even still it got lazier as it went on.

Fortrex will probably breakdown at the end of this year and never be mentioned until 2 or 3 years from now.

2 Likes

Umm, the reason none of the 2013 vehicles showed up during Spring 2014 was because our heroes travelled into the Outlands alone, without the massive tribe armies to back them up.

The second summer 2014 hit, we saw all those vehicles back again, being powered by fire chi to be used against the Hunters.

EDIT

As for Ninjago, the Destiny’s Bounty stuck around through 2013, and showed up again in 2015. Albeit upgraded, but the principle is the same.

Additionally, the Ultra Sonic Raider will be making a resurgence in 2016 in a similar fashion.

Nya’s Samurai Mech stuck around all the way until Possession.

All the Ninja’s mechs returned for Possession as well.

8 Likes

Isn’t the whole point of knights to have a lot of them, all at once, to defend an entire kingdom? We get 5 knights with little robot squire things, could we have more knights pls?

3 Likes

Well, there wasn’t really a need for knights story-wise, since the Kingdom was safe from evil.

6 Likes

Simple. Because it got a TV show and NYCC coverage before Bionicle did.

Also, Knight’s Kingdom did it better…

4 Likes

Nexo Knights is a new theme.

This is the second year of Bionicle G2, people already know about it.

8 Likes

#Imadeajokepost

I don’t have any experience with Nexo Knights. I’ve seen them once on a table in Barnes and Noble when I was buying Bionicle sets.

But personally, it has no appeal to me. The premise is okay, but there’s just something that turns me off about it.

Maybe it’s because it feels a little too close to Ninjago and is pretty much trying to replicate its formula, but what can you say, when something works it works. But if I have any interest in consuming something that is comparable, I’m going to go with the much better experienced Ninjago.

Also, a word of advice. You are attempting to defend a line that a lot of people here hate on a topic solely dedicated to detailing why. Not that doing so is bad, but it’s a waste of time around people who simply wish to explain why they dislike something.

5 Likes

I dont dislike Nexo Knights, I just simply do not really care that much for it. I prefer Ninjago, but ATM this kinda reminds me of Ninjago in its early years, I look forward to seeing the theme grow up and move into its own, and I will follow it. but prolly will not get any of the sets, unless they make some amazing thing that catches my interest,

But it is better then Chima, and that is what counts.

7 Likes

Because they were in stores before BIONICLE.

1 Like

I actually like Nexo Knights a lot. There are a few problems (Some of the names, Nexo Powers, lots of similarities to Chima a book as a villain?) But overall I think it’s pretty good.

4 Likes

Agreed, I think Nexo Knights is better than chima in every way, (except the skrillexo knights part) but I still think the show is unappealing to me personaly. And again the reasons I dislike it are pretty much real life jokes.

also I find it funny there are people that like the theme in a topic for thos who dislike it =P

1 Like

I have no opinions on this, seeing as i barely buy system anymore.

5 Likes

I take some slight issue with the direction the show has taken so far, and I’m not a fan of a lot of the characters… but is NK really so bad that a topic like this is necessary? The concept behind it is frankly pretty neat, and a lot of the set builds look nice. Plus, despite the show having some issues, it at least seems fairly fun so far. And it’s better than Chima.

6 Likes

Talking about vehicles sets most of them look OK, however some…like lances horse bike thingy has a cool concept but it is poorly executed. The problem I have is that they are creative, but not the best builds or anything like that. As for the figures, I like the armor and the printing is good, but I just can’t seem to like like them. Probably the thing that bothers me the modt out of the figures are the names as previously mentioned.