Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

Nexo knights is ok, theres nothing really that wrong with it honestly. Only problem is that were drowning in it while searching for rare bionicle air bubbles.

HOWEVER, I do not like the theme, I reallllly dont. But that is just my subjective opinion.

1 Like

Looking it from an objective point of view, the theme is really good, it has a show, nice sets and all, but in my point of view I do not like it in any way! I mean the good thing is the parts, like crazy recolors super useful for other stuff, but some sets, the show and everything else just don’t appeal to me in the slightest.

2 Likes

My point exactly! Not trying to say that youre ripping me off or anything, just supporting your statment. Just wanted to point that out cuz this is the internet after all…

My main beef with Nexo Knights are the Squire-Bots. I loathe them in the show, and in the sets. Having comedy relief characters/grunts are fine and all, but 1. They’re more obnoxious than funny and 2. Having an army made out of mechanical midgets really isn’t useful.

8 Likes

The thing I hate the most about those are the smirks and the smiles, they looks UGH.

1 Like

Especially the toothless one on the minifig. Since when do robots need teeth? Since when does a robot’s tooth pop out?

1 Like

Ever since the agori became a thing in TLR hue.
Regardless I don’t care the logical reasoning behind them, are they meant to make children laugh? Yes. Do I like them? No, the toothless smiles are hideous, granted, I DO like the other one with no mouth.

2 Likes

Let me just make sure I understand this correctly.

You’re mad that the bots have one goofy expression despite being the comedic relief?

Okay.

6 Likes

Again, I get what they were going for, and I get it surely makes kids laugh, but personally I dislike the look. Nothing else

I mean, the squire bots are only a sub category in the army. They have the more serious and imposing android soldiers and yet I find them to be more boring than the bots. If you don’t like one than there’s the other.

4 Likes

I still don’t like the plot in general. Next, who says you can’t introduce a three dimentional character in twenty minutes? Also, in the Chima premere, we were introduced to two or three very unique and original settings, while with Nexo Knights we got generic-mid-evil-village, and generic-spooky-mid-evil-woods. Not exactly the most inspired environments. As for the last thing-

Says it belongs to Laval and makes it seem important, but in reality it’s just a slightly upgraded lion tank to be thrown under the bus to make room for next years version.
Same thing but this one was a horde enemy.

1 Like

I see, I do nit habe complaints about the other ones, just find the squire ones more annoying than fun but meh, I’m complaining more about the faces than their actual purpose in the show.

the, uh

the faces are reversible in set form

3 Likes

I know that, that’s why in previous coments I said I disliked the smirking face, but really liked the other one with the mouth cover thing.

uhhh

so you’d rather it only be one face or what? Pretty sure you can just ignore the other face

2 Likes

Idk, I’m just pointing out that I don’t like it…meh. I think this topic is a little weird. Anyway I guess some people like the other face and I guess it’s there but I don’t like it…

1 Like

A criticism that can’t stand against other criticisms isn’t one worth making.

6 Likes

He is right though, this is a topic for criticism against nexo knight, not in favor to it =P

I’ll respect everyone’s opinion about the line, but defending the theme is almost off topic here.

They use the exact same colour scheme for all the good guys. I get that they’re supposed to be a united unit, and that blue and orange is striking, but at least switch up the secondary colour!

8 Likes

Yes, but not every point made here is a valid criticism against the overall theme.

Saying it’s copying Bionicle is objectively false, and the whole “it’s taking up shelf space” thing is a pet peeve at best, since it’s not the fault of the theme itself. It’s just new and polarizing, like Bionicle was last year.

I’m all for valid critiques and simple preferential differences. I for one think the show’s pretty mediocre and that the names, though grounded in reality, take the whole pun thing a bit far. However I think the sets themselves are fine.

7 Likes