Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

They do subtlety change up the colors. If you look closely at the knight’s vehicles they have their Knight’s respective accent (ex. Lance’s horse has white accents, the King’s mech has gold, Aaron’s Aero Hunter has green, etc). It becomes more apparent when looking at the Hover-horses. As such they do have some individuality while still looking like a unit, something I can’t say for other hero vehicles.

7 Likes

I hate the Blue with translucent Neon Orange going on with the Hero side, the sets feel more low quality because of that (Translucent colours in general can look very low quality-ish if they are used in over-abundance).

But I do have to give them props for the prints on the Villains, which I wanted LEGO to make for a very long time, actual demon minifigures even tho they are executed badly storywise.

The story, thematic aspects, and character tropes are rehashes of what was before. Ninjago for the medieval setting and theme with futuristic tech while also having magic in (its just the western medieval stuff rather than the eastern stuff, but its still medieval which Ironically is how Ninjas were first created, as a sub-theme of Kingdoms, a medieval line). If they actually wanted to make something interesting, they should have at least tried to tie in all the Knights Kingdoms lines into the chronology of this world, because it would work for this world, while also giving nods to the previous lines, and also enriching this one to boot.

Again, the main gripe for me with LEGO was always their lack of a good narrative focus within their lines, which dont try to do something innovating with that. The closes were Bionicle G1, The LEGO Movie, and to some small extend Ninjago.

6 Likes

Oh there’s been several nods as to which Castle continuity Nexo Knights exists in. The most obvious connections would be certain heraldry symbols like the Black Falcons (Clay), the Wolfpack (Aaron), and also the appearance of the Yellow Castle ruins with it’s respective Crown Soldiers (Fun fact: one of the Fortrex’s banners features the Yellow Castle’s set number). There could also be a KK connection as well with the Bulls (Axl) and Lion (Royalty) symbols. All in all there are tons of nods towards previous lines.

5 Likes

This is honestly really useless. Nexo Knights is doing fine, and while the characters aren’t fully developed, Bionicle and Ninjago weren’t fully developed during their first releases.
Also, Rac, anyone could say NK was a copy of Bionicle. However, it’s like saying Bionicle is a copy of Transformers to some degree, Chima as Thundercats, or something of the sort. Heck, considering concept, Bionicle could be any story in existence, so don’t yell at NK for being a copy; it’s a tried-and-true method.

:wink:

6 Likes

To be fair nexo knights is Doing well, but that doesn’t mean everyone is going to like it. This topic is not stating that the theme is absolute garbage, it’s just a topic about opinions Of why peeps dislike it.
It’s like saying it is pointless to have an opinion.

Although all in all this topic is confusing…

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie, I do find it a little weird that this is a topic for the distaste of Nexo Knights rather than the general opinion. That’s like making a topic on why people hate bananas.

8 Likes

I’ve seen the crown soldiers, but I haven’t seen the castle ruins.Where was that?

These lines are usualy very innovated, it just depends on how, where and if that stuff is used. Greg Farshtey claimed that Chima was the most innovated theme LEGO’s ever done since Bionicle, and he had read the story bible, so he knew everything about it. However, clearly thy didn’t use the good stuff. We’ve only had a few episodes, we’re yet to see if they play it safe or use all the stuff that should make it unique. That being said they aren’t even using the Nexo powers in the show, they just make them invincible, nothing changing with the different powers. I do hate that, because the NEXO powers are great.

4 Likes

Nexo Knights has kind of been poorly executed so far. Ninjago was in my personal opinion executed better in it’s first year, than Nexo Knights so far. But that’s the thing Nexo Knights hasn’t been around a year yet, if I am remembering correctly.

Right now (in my opinion) Comparing Ninjago to Nexo Knights, Is like that scene from the first Iron Man movie, where Iron Monger comes out and clams his suit is better in every way. We all know how that turned out.

We honestly don’t know where Nexo Knights will go at the current moment. It may end up better than Ninjago (I doubt it), it may not, It may just be good.

In my opinion this shouldn’t be a topic until Nexo Knight’s has been around for at least a summer wave, or until it ends (whichever one happens first.)

Its not confusing at all. It says why do we dislike Nexo Knights, and so we do. Its only those than cant catch a negative opinion that really should not be here in the first place.

Yes we have things that we hate about Nexo Knights guys, that doesnt mean it will suck cause of our tiny worthless opinions. The thing that matter the most are the sales and the ratting, anything else is just extra padding.

@Triple I dont want only nods to the Knights Kingdoms line, I want them to be linked timeline wise, because there is nothing to hold that back.

3 Likes

I see the need to still have knights for safety purposes, but are they that under stocked that there are only 5 and only 2 of them have viable methods of transport? and one of them with transport was rich, its not until AFTER the princess has to talk to her father to get a moving castle.

Quick clarification, we’re talking about the original Knights Kingdom and not Knights Kingdom II or the Kingdoms line right?

4 Likes

well Clay, Macy and Axel all share the shame vehicle. Axel and Macy take the sidecars. Arron has his hover board and lance has his motorcycle.

And why cant all of them be connected. I dont see whats keeping them from being within a same timeline.

Kingdoms->Knights Kingdoms->Knights Kingdoms 2->Nexo Knights

When you look at it that way, it can fit perfectly within a cohesive timeline. It just needs those strings that bind the whole thing up, aka the King being connected to the old bloodlines…

I don’t see what’s keeping them from leaving it up to the imagination, and letting kids and adults alike be creative in how they think a story could be weaved together, letting theories and funtimes be running rampant.

And neither do the folks at lego, it would seem.

7 Likes

Except those lines have almost nothing connecting themselves. Knights Kingdom II exists in its own universe due to it’s fantasy setting of Morcia that is never mentioned again and the fact that canonically the characters are human. Knights Kingdom has no links to Kingdoms aside from possible Lion heraldry, but the designs and colors are too radically different to be of the same line. Kingdoms on its own is a more likely candidate to be included in the NK timeline due to an appearance of a Black Falcon knight whose redesigned emblem is almost an exact copy of Clay’s. The knight (who has not been confirmed to be canon sadly) also means that Kingdoms could exist in the same timeline of Classic or Factioned Castle, which NK could exist in if the appearance of the Yellow Castle soldiers and many nod backs (Yellow Castle’s number on the Fortrex banners, the tournament crowd matching the set, etc.) are more than nod backs.

I don’t see the need to connect the lines together directly because there is no real impact to the story and deprives NK of its own origin. As of right now I consider it an alternate universe to Castle, but one could view it as a continuation if they wished. It’s Lego’s intention for you to make your own interpretation of the timeline

5 Likes

I like timelines that are connected, what do you want from me?

Also I disagree, Everything can be connected if they at least tried to do it, which they didnt and I hate the fact LEGO does this. I rather have a story that was woven together then the one I need to fix myself. Story =/= Sets in this regard.

Sounds like someone’s bound by the mundane, to me

9 Likes

Logic?

I get wanting themes to be connected.

I really do.

But understand that not everything has to be interwoven. Otherwise continuity collapses in on itself a la the Pixar Theory.

Just take whatever connections you can get and be happy with it being the future of, like, one of the Kingdoms lines.

For the record, Knights Kingdom 2 was way too much of its own thing to forge continuity connections.

6 Likes

I honestly wouldn’t mind Nexo Knights IF IT WASNT FREAKIN EVERYWHERE! Ahem. The sets are good, the show is fine, but it’s just far too prevalent. That is all.

Also we need some Knights’ Kingdom connections because I need something to nostalgia real hard about

it takes away bonkles popularity because bonkle should be #1 waaah waaah why does nexo knights get a tv show while bonkle gets a crappy netflix show waaaah waaah

6 Likes