Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

I just can’t really get into themes like Ultra Agents or Nexo nights or Chima, that only last a few years. I’ve tried, but they never really interest me.

1 Like

They didn’t receive that vehicle until after the monsters attacked, before that only Arron and Lance had vehicles, Clay, Macy and Axel got that big one after they got the fortrexx

The only one I was into for a while was ninjago, but that was probably because I was an 8th grader who was obsessed with ninjas. The theme ideas are interesting, but I feel like they’re executed pretty badly, especially when it comes to TV shows. Ninjago’s was fine, but chima’s voice acting was atrocious and nexo knights… well I’m not a fan honestly

1 Like

At the moment yes. Although if you ask me Clay’s cruiser and the Fortrex are pretty roomy for carrying the Knights around. In the summer they will all get an individual vehicle anyway.

2 Likes

My point is these vehicles were given to them after the threat appeared, and it makes sense for the king to order the creation of new vehicles for them once it is clear a threat is present.

Well, if the summer vehicles show anything it’s that they did.

You can’t just cook up three high tech vehicles in a couple of nights. That’d seem even more dues ex machina than it already was when the Fortrex showed up.

3 Likes

Ok true, I agree but the fact they had no vehicles what so ever in a futuristic knight’s armory is my issue at the beginning of the story, the summer vehicles solve this issue, but I had a theory that the king or Merlok would have pulled these “ancient knight” vehicles out of somewhere and thats what they would have used. The fortrex was a huge deus ex when it was presented.

One of the things that I disliked about Nexo Knights was how Jestro was used. His personality was fine, but it’s more about how LEGO handled his character.
In nearly every episode he’s terrorizing some village or doing something evil of the sort, then the Nexo Knights show up, they crash the party, and Jestro is just standing there helplessly and flees like a coward.
I would have preferred if Jestro stayed in his own castle or tower and sent out monsters to do his bidding, perhaps with a commander or general to keep watch over the monsters as they do whatever.
And if they really want him to stay on the battlefield, I’d rather it be more interesting than “Summon monsters, terrorize village, Nexo Knights show up, Nexo Power, Xx_M0N$T3R_R3KAG3_xX, Jestro flees with his tail between his legs”.

6 Likes

I don’t know much about this, but he sure sounds like a bootleg Skeletor

4 Likes

Macy. I dislike Nexo Knights mainly because of Macy.

~W12~

1 Like

please elaborate

I dislike macey a bit too, but yeah, what are the main reasons? Personally I dislike her because idk, the overall setting of “yeah, I iz strong let me fight UGH dad you are horrible UGH” (take in mind I’ve only watched two episodes, so I could be wrong, these are just first impressions)

1 Like

Yeah, maceys attitudeand personality is an old worn off stereotype.

3 Likes

Except Macy’s the only one of the core five knights actually interested in being proactive.

Though I would rather not buy into the hate for this theme

I will rant for days on end how I find myself disliking at least 3, of not 4, of our lead heroes.

Axl, if all he wants to do is eat and be a chef, has no business being here. Aaron has shown no motivation other than thrill seeking, maybe

Lance is not funny, and Clay’s standards should’ve been sufficiently lowered after episode 3, yet episode 4 saw him doing the exact same thing.

Episode 5 was better in that regard, but I suppose we’ll have to wait and see where things go.

6 Likes

Axle Is the big brute jock stereotype
AaaarOWN is a lewa rippoff
Mace eyyyy s the rebelious princess trope
I already forgot what Lance a lot or Claypot were, but continuing the path of the rest of them I think that they are joking around person and the other is noble man guy and possibly a loner.

Wait, wasnt the show 3d models? It is? No its not! Look at how flat the characters are!
######I might be wrong about some of that, tere is suprisingly no research involved with this comment or entire topic, for that matter

@BlueCel I gotta say I just love your Maceyyyyy impression :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No but you see

that’s the thing

he’s not a jock. He’s just dumb, and likes food. Jocks are more of a sports thing.

I’d peg him closer to a thrill seeker stoner type.

Like, y’know, the kid with the glasses and beanie, but who still rides around on a longboard and maybe is on the soccer team?

He’s that guy. Lewa most certainly isn’t.

I actually don’t mind Macy’s character, because she actually cares about being a knight, fighting evil, protecting people, y’know, all those things knights are supposed to do.

Lance is defined by being rich, a celebrity, and lazy

He has no business being a knight, even if it is to get attention

Clay is a tryhard.

He cares about all those things I listed when discussing Macy, but is stupid about it. As evidenced in episode 2 when he would rather train than actually search for Jestro.

And again in 4 when he repeats the same stupid mistakes from 3 regarding training.

Then what gives you the right to make any claims, if you know not what you’re talking about?

3 Likes

I…Uhhhhhh…Ummmmmm… Hey look, [REDACTED]!
ABORT

1 Like

inb4 banned for talking about leaks.

11 Likes

I watched Kahi’s interview with the guys who made the NK show. After watching it I was almost convinced that the show was going to be different from the usual Lego show. But of course it isn’t and (IMO) it is very generic and unoriginal (but I’ve only seen 3 episodes in total).

The sets look alright but I just can’t be bothered to buy any- It just doesn’t strike me as original or innovative at all.

3 Likes

I agree on the show part, but imo the sets are mostly creative, kinda messy but still creative. Still not a fan of the whole theme though.

1 Like