Why do you dislike Nexo Knights?

i still don’t like it, and why would they have it as a styled after the main characters weapons?

Axl’s vehicle is not styled after his axe, and its one of the hero vehicles that i like, because it does not have the goofyness of the other hero vehicles.

also, when one style ones vehicle after a weapon, one kind of expect it to be combined or be used as the weapon to a giant robot.

and i don’t think the king nor the black knight mech are large enought to use it.

This isn’t like Power Rangers…

It’s stylistic. Kongu from 2006 looked like some sort of swamp monster but he never did anything to evoke an aquatic style.

You can dislike the fact that it is shaped vaguely like sword, but I don’t see why that means it must function like one.

because of logic.

with Chima i can understand why their vehicles are styled after animals, as we humans have at times styled some of our structures, objects or even dressed up as animals as some form of respect or religious reason.

and ninjago did not style their vehicles after anyting.

basicly, i don’t see the logic of Clay flying around in a jet shaped like a sword, or Arron flying around in a different jet, that looks like his crossbow.

there must be some logic to why a vehicle looks like that.

This is about a technological kingdom with an evil jester that uses an evil talking book to take over the world.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to apply logic to this?!

4 Likes

yes

because Jestro and the lava monsters, make sence to me, not only because of the exuse of “Magic” but also because their vehicles are styled as demonic in nature too, so in my mind, their "vehicles are not really vehicles but larger monsters that looks like vehicles.

i mean Jestro’s “Evil mobil” have a movable jaw, so you kind of see my point with that.

and it kind of explain why their vehicles have faces on them.

This is the core foundation of the theme. You can say it is stupid, but it can’t really be argued with.

1 Like

So, you’re telling me
That you wanna take away any sort of individuality in the Nexo Knights vehicles
Because you are attempting to apply logic to a children’s toy line with a high-tech medieval kingdom where people slap on treads to a castle and call it a war machine.

This logic is pretty flawed considering many Chima vehicles are designed for war
And our animal-themed stuff wasn’t

7 Likes

Their animal theme for the Chima vehicles are not really based on war you know, if it was, the claws and theeth on their vehicles would have been used for combat, but they are not, instead the animal parts of their vehicles are more understandable for me.

also:[quote=“Soviet_Hewks, post:20, topic:23717”]
Because you are attempting to apply logic to a children’s toy line with a high-tech medieval kingdom where people slap on treads to a castle and call it a war machine.
[/quote]
there is logic to doing that, because the Fortrex is the mobile base for the Nexo Knights, and is similar to many other theme’s mobile bases. I do not complain about a mobile base, because i see the logic in it, and the fortrex makes sence to me.

i would not find the logic of it if it looked like a giant version of Merlocs magic staff or was some giant, floating base that was shaped like the nexo Knight’s shields.

There are shields with interchangeable symbols that activate weird powers that come out of nowhere.

It is nonsensical to believe that logic should be followed by at theme like this.

The vehicles also have weapons and sometimes heavy armor.

Tell me, how would you react if a new Vehicle that was introduced to nexo knight was noting more but a giant knight helmet on tank wells.

because with nexo knights, i should now expect that to happen.

Except they haven’t gone that far. This is an exaggerated metaphor.

Yes, because the target audience is young children who typically enjoy goofy vehicles with individuality.

I would have it on pre-order, that’s stupid and I love it.

Real talk, a tank designed to resemble a knight helm would actually look really cool, of course, I’m the kinda guy who likes how the swordjet looks so…

7 Likes

i don’t find Nexo Knight to be a good series, the only good characters in my book are Jestro and the Book of Monsters, and some of the monster characters are also good too.

But with the knights i just do not like them, because many of them are stereotypes.

by the way, Macy is more or less the only one of the characters who have a character arc, and it only leads to her getting her way, which is to be a knight.

but as Nyran said in the Nexo Knights Character Flaws topic

yeah, if there ever was a plot in an episode where Macy would get the choise to quit being a princess and thus leave the throne and go and be a knight, im convinsed that she would do so in a hearth beat.

and given how the season final of Nexo Knight had the king realise how difficout it was to be a knight, it create this image in my mind that Nexo Knights are trying to do something like Ninjago, as in showing and talking about how awesome it is to be a knight.

To me though, Macy should really learn how important the role as an heir to the throne is, i mean, look at Laval, he showed respect to his father and in the episode “The King Thing” he did not want to sit on his father’s throne while he was captured by the Ice Hunters, under the meaning that it did not feel right to do so.

also, there is a two part Nexo Knight episode called “knights of the realm” that is an app exlusive, simply put, its an origin episode for Clay, Macy, Arron, Lance, Axl and Jestro.

and in that episode, its shown that Macy’s mother encouraged her dauther to be a knight after she saw her train her fighting skill on a training dummy, which makes it look like Queen Halbert wanted her daughter to be more like her than her father.

and while we are on that, King Halbert is a really weak king when compared to King Lagravis, who in my opinon is one of the better kings in a LEGO line, not only is he wise, but he also courageous, and when Laval stole the Golden Chi orb in Reunion Gone Wrong, he was willing to forget about Laval’s theft under the argument that he had good reasons for it, and the fact that he did not want to banish his own son.

King Halbert on the other hand is more or less a coward, because as the series shows him, he would basicly have lost the kingdom to the monsters, if Merlok and the other knights (lead by the queen no doupt) had not saved it for him.

simply put, i don’t like the story nor the characters of Nexo Knight, and is in my opinion, inferior to Legend of Chima.

Two words: I don’t.

2 Likes

King halbert isn’t meant to be a good king. I think they characterize him as trying his best, and having a good heart, but not really making the right decisions. In fact, it’s good that for ONCE Lego showed kings aren’t always amazing warriors and great leaders, while showing queens can do a great job (unfortunately, this ended in the queen being a confusing character).

Did you not see Lance?
He was one of the best characters for me because he was funny, but eventually stopped being such a jerk and got some humility.

Except it would be more like if we put an uncanny valley-like human face on the front of a car, which would be really weird for everyone.

Because a crossbow’s shape is easily changed into a vehicle?

2 Likes

The only thing I don’t like about nexo Knights is how much it overshadowed bionicle G2. On top of the Force Awakens, G2 never really had a chance.

Other than that, I love it, the sets are one of the best out there iMo

I don’t hate anything about Nexo Knights itself, but I was and still am a bit peeved that when it was announced it was more-or-less assumed by Lego that it would be THE NEXT BIG THING™. While I can understand why Lego thought this, as a Bionicle fan, I can’t help but be annoyed that Nexo Knights, a theme that was brand new and had yet to sell a single set, got a multi-episode animated series and a enough advertising to make Marvel blush. Whereas Bionicle, an already established theme that had a built in fanbase and tons of profits under its belt, got a handful of online animated shorts and so little advertising that even to this day, there are people I know who lived Bionicle back in the day that didn’t even know about G2.

1 Like

Bionicle never has been and never will be a flagship line for Lego

4 Likes

Because BIONICLE was LEGO’s top priority 2009-2010.

It definitely wasn’t their upcoming MMORPG that took years to make.

3 Likes