Why Do YOU Hate Jar Jar Binks?

Here is the difference between scooby doo and jar jar binks
Ysee, scooby is actually PART of the team, its shown in multiple different shows that he has been best friends with shaggy since he was a puppy
Jar jar is a random out of place character, that never had anything to do with the other people

Scooby actually is a worthwhile member of mystery inc
Whereas jar jar
kinda feels out of place i guess

6 Likes

Sure, because it’s not like aliens feel out of place in a Science Fiction movie.

I think he meant Jar Jar’s behaviors and over-all feel, rather than his design.

5 Likes

Please define “behaviors”.

inhales
I have never seen the movies, outside of clips taken out of context.
So my definition, in this case, is pretty unfounded.
I define behaviors in this case as fart jokes, and other slapstick.

1 Like

Hmm… Well, in regards to these two things…

That wasn’t Jar Jar primarily (although I would agree that those jokes could have been avoided) it’s more of a “animals don’t like me” thing.

Since when have MOST PEOPLE(the so called “99%” of Star Wars fans) been against slapstick? What wrong with slapstick? Even then, how many of these moments show up in the movies? I can only think of 3 off the top of my head, and every moment of slapstick (INVOLVING Jar Jar) in the Prequel Trilogy is only in Episode I.

Star Wars started out as a moderately lighthearted series (Episode V even used a little slapstick before Yoda revealed who he was). Episode I was trying to be lighthearted, but no, everyone wanted it to be all “Serious”, like “The Original Movies” (which probably is just nostalgia talking, as re-watching Bionicle Movies has shown us) and we ended up with [Shivers] cringe worthy romance scenes in Episode II.

Episode II tried to remove the “behaviors” you listed. It attempted to make him a more prominent character that actually mattered in terms of plot. But, did anyone care about that? Not enough people apparently. Jar Jar’s lines in Episode III? Only one: “Excuse me.” And take that as you will.

My interpretation translates to: “If I’m not welcome, then I’ll leave. As soon as you stop blocking the door.”

Nooo!
How could I have been so easily defeated!!!
Oh yeah, I never actually watched the movies.
Oh well.
*explodes

Well, that… happened…

But you see, Scooby actually shows signs of intellegence, and not just because he can talk. He can investigate and helps the team instead of screwing everything up.

5 Likes

Um…

But, there are SOME moments he makes nearly catastrophic mistakes.

Right, but that’s sometimes. And it never leads to the creation of a Galatic Empire.

2 Likes

It had to start somewhere. Otherwise Episode IV-VI would be non-canon.

They could have done it in so many other ways.

1 Like

I prefer to look at it like this:

In the terms of a story.

The Original Trilogy[IV-VI] was written as an Epic (such as the Odyssey), telling a story about a hero’s journey.

The Prequel Trilogy[I-III] was written as a Tragedy (such as Romeo and Juliet or Macbeth), telling a story about, well, a tragic event.

I know it’s a tragedy, but there are better ways to pull it off.

2 Likes

True, but as they say; No use crying over spilled milk.

Back on topic please

This is on topic… Sort of.

Me and my friend fell into this trap

8 Likes

yeah

such as the Clone Wars

but yeah, I hate Jar Jar because he’s bassically useless

1 Like