Wonderful Books You Had To Read for School

That was it!!! I looked it up and found the cover. So nostalgic. I thank you

1 Like

Oh, another two I read were 12 angry Men, and the Curious Case of the dog in the nighttime

2 Likes

I absolutely adored the narrative style of this one. but I would have preferred if my teacher hadn’t spoiled the ending before we read the first chapter.

It’s been a while, but I really loved it way back in fifth grade. Afterwards, I checked out some other works of Kate DiCamillo like The Tiger Rising and The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. Suffice it to say, they were a bit too dark for my elementary-age self.
(But oh, how I could rant about that The Tale of Despereaux movie!)

3 Likes

The Scarlett Letter was fine. I got an awful grade on the project, though.

1 Like

The Great Gatsby, To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Old Man And The Sea were really quite good, but I think the standouts in my mind are Picture Bride (about a Japanese woman sent to live in the US shortly before WWII began) and Fallen Angels (About a soldier in the Vietnam War) Going in I was kinda hesitant about them, but I wound up really loving them. Kinda want to come back and reread them at some point, actually, since that was back in like, 2013.

2 Likes

I’ll admit, for all my talk of loving the classics and wanting people to appreciate them…I couldn’t stand that one lol. (It didn’t help that I didn’t get along with my teacher at the time, though.) But those others sound interesting!

1 Like

Does Homeschooling count here or just normal school?

1 Like

That one did take a bit to properly grow on me, I will admit, but once I really got into the flow of things I did quite like it.

1 Like

If you read a book for school then it counts, this does mean any books you read for homeschooling, though only if it was an assignment.

1 Like

Of If it really counts, I can say I liked Shiloh a lot (Loved it). I also liked Homer and those Greek Myths.

1 Like

Just read the most dangerous game yesterday for school, and while it’s more of a short story then I book I thoroughly enjoyed it

2 Likes

To be honest I think all of the stuff they made me read was from the Scholastic Book Fair.

2 Likes

I might be in the minority on this, but I really enjoyed 20,000 leagues Under the Sea.

~W12~

2 Likes

I liked it, though I only kind of read it for school. It was in a list of classics I had to choose from.

1 Like

I haven’t read that one yet, but I did like Around the World in 80 Days

I remember that had me tearing up a bit at the end, which is pretty uncommon for me.
As others have said, I really liked Monte Cristo, Anthem, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

1 Like

The beginning and end were good, but I couldn’t stand the middle.

The real Benedict Arnold, Narnia (homeschooled by Christian parents sooo haha), I think the rest were by choice lol

1 Like

Can I just say that I take offense that every one seemed to enjoy a certain book that ivolves murder of my species.

4 Likes

dude you’re a bionicle not a bird silly bonkhead

1 Like