World War III (RP topic)

“Who responded besides us?” Athena asked.
“Well… Belgium, San Marino, Romania and Egypt. Nothing bad happened there. Yet.”

Jake thought for a moment. “Have you tried Israel? They have a great air force… they might have survived.”

“I’ve tried. Nothing.”

“That’s bad. That’s really bad.”
Jake stood up and started to pace in small circles. “We’re screwed, if the enemy can take out Israel, they can do a whole lot more than I thought.”

“Hey!” Carl asked. “Does the TV work there? Here only the battery-fuelled electronics work.”
Athena looked at Jake.
“Please, go downstairs and turn on the TV.”

“What am I, your errand boy?”
he went downstairs and turned on the TV.

The TV was working. It opened on a news channel. The title was ‘Critical alarm around the world’ and the president of the US himself was having a speech.

“Oi, guys… get down here and check this out!”

Athena came quickly, followed by Vlad. Both listened carefully to what the president said:
“This is a dark day, not only for America, but for the whole world. For those of you that are still alive, but don’t know what happened, a terrorist group bombed 95 countries of the world, including the United States of America, Russia, London, France, Brazil, Israel, and many, many others.”

“Terrorists? I hate them… they suck.”

“If you are watching this…” The president continued. “then you must immediately come to one of these safe spots.”
The image of the president was interrupted by an image with the map of the world, with different red spot representing safe zones. The nearest one of the group was far away, in Texas.
“But be aware. We have no idea what, or who, if in the zones affected by the bombs. Our army tries to take over the lost land, but since now we were attacked three times and they are dangerous!”

Jake stared unbelievingly at the TV. “Did he legit just reveal the safe zones of live television? the terrorists are definitely gonna target those!”

“Most probably they are heavily guarded by the strongest forces of the US army.” Vlad explained. “They need to help the survivors somehow.”

“Yeah, but… they took out Israel!” Jake waved his arms around wildly.

“What, are you a Jew? Have you forgot who is the real military power house?”
“The united states of MURICA!” Athena joked.

“No, I’m a Christian.”
Jake looked at his new friends. “We should head to texas. Maybe we can find something of use there.”

“We Will find something of use there: safety.”

“Ya think?”

Jake crossed his arms. “Well, when should we leave?”

“You two go to your houses and collect as many important things as you can. Return after you are done.”

"Been there, done that. My home has been wrecked for long enough that I collected all i needed a long time ago. I’ll stay here and get a sidecar for my motorbike.