Your Least Favorite/Most Disappointing Sets from 2016

Dooooon’t fiiiiiight

8 Likes

It’s a joke. Some people in another thread said G2 had no morals, and John_Smith made a joke about what Onua said in the 2015 animations. So it did have a moral! Don’t fight!..

But obviously that’s not a moral so that’s the joke.

Stay on topic pl0x. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yeah I immediately modded her the day after I got her, and that mask is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Mostly just from the front, they were pretty filled out once you looked at the side view.

Also, this originally began in a discussion regarding the weapons, so I’m not sure what any of this has to do with the body-builds.

4 Likes

Look man

I agree with you about the Uniter weapons

But if you’re gonna post on a topic

It needs to be both relevant and substantial.

7 Likes

Back on topic, my least favorite would have to be Ketar.

3 Likes

I always hated Quake Beast. He seemed like a decent set until I saw him up close. Also I sort of dislike Storm Beast (either though I have him) mostly because he’s hard to play with due to his weird puppet function.

1 Like

I was really hoping it’d look more like Nokama Metru’s mask orignially, but good gracious Master’s mask was so great and then we got…that thing. It looked pretty good in Journey to One though, so at least there’s that.

I dont have least favourite sets from 2016, since all the sets I bought, I really, really, really like. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think he’s referring to the bottom part of the staff with three blades. I personally always thought it was supposed to be a bladed shovel.

Now, on topic (and it should be noted that I own almost none of these sets)- As usual, most of the Star Wars sets looked grey and sam-y to me. I don’t really like any of the Uniters, mostly because of the un-customisable boddy piece. All of the Creatures seemed pretty good, at leased as parts packs. I liked all the beasts except Lava beast who had an uninspired build and function. Umarak and Ekimu are fine, though I disagree with TTV’s claim that Ekimu’s a “perfect blend of form and function.” The Killer Crock Sewer Smash looked a bit crappy, though I can see how the function would be cool. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens seems like a waste, as they tried to expand one movie’s worth of content into three. Mostly do to the windshield parts, the Ultrasonic Raider looks like pre-built garbage. I’ll say more if more comes to mind.

I feel like I realized how terrible the Nexo Knights “Ultimate” sets were when I tried to explain them to a friend of mine.

“So, they’re like a minifig, a stand, and some scenery, and each one costs 10 bucks.”

“10 bucks for a minifig! What?”

“It’s kind of really heavily armored, and so the articulation is a bit limited, but you get more plastic.”

“Are they, like, bigfigs or something?”

“No. And they come with scenery too, and huge weapons.”

“Can they even hold up the weapons if they aren’t standing straight up?”

“Uhh, no. And the scenery is basically a bunch of crap that you can get in any other set.”

5 Likes

Yeah the Ultimate sets are trash.

For me personally, though, Ketar.

-Mesonak

2 Likes

Ima say it has to be Umarak the Destroyer after seeing how it looked in the concept art, and just how he looks, its meh

1 Like

I felt Ketar and Quake Beast are the weakest set of 2016 when it comes to Bionicle
But I also didn’t really care much for the Deathtrooper from Star Wars it was so…boring and it really just felt like a Stormtrooper with Black shells, a new head mold and not much else on top of that the License fee made it $25 which kind of just didn’t make it seem worth even getting honestly for parts or anything

Also Am I the only that liked the Ultimate Nexo Knight? ok the stand is annoying but I like a lot of the armor pieces and their weapons. I don’t think they’re the worst sets but I don’t consider them the best.

I agree, they are a decent deal…I’m not financially interested in dumping a ton of money into Nexo Knights sets so it’s ideal to get some awesome figures and extra parts for mocs.

Honestly, least favorite and most disappointing are the 2 CMF Disney Incredibles figures, I don’t like the Incredibles and I don’t have any other Disney characters.
Worst, that’d have to go to the CCBS Deathtrooper, due to the soft plastic and the lenght of the legs.
I make sure to buy things I do want. (CMF makes an exception due to it being random)

Least favourite sets are the 2016 Toa Uniters, I just dont like their look, they feel off to me. Most disapponting set is Ekimu the Mask Maker from the summer wave.

Simply put I have not gotten 2016 Ekimu nor any of the 2016 Toa sets, mainly due to their weird appearance and to me having more flaws than good things regarding them (from the stubby legs, tho the colour schemes, to the armor placements, to the weird weapon designs, to the ugly masks minus Ekimus which is fine). This is why the only set up I got was Umarak the Hunter, he needed least amount of work to edit when I bought him and his appearance is consistent and appealing to me.

The beasts to me look to have less flaws than the Toa, mainly due to the fact that they are the bad guy beast who are ment to look off. But I rarely like those concepts, which is why I passed on those and with all the 2015 villains (minus Kulta who had to came with Ekimu). Umarak the Destroyer is not something I would like to have, mainly due to his head and arm configurations (better to say the lack of posablility), his mask is ugly, and he doesnt come with any other mask, not to mention he is all black and neon yellow, which is why I would rather get Umarak the Hunter instead. He to mean is more appealing.

I would have bought some of The protectors and creatures if they werent the first things to get sold out due to the lower price and the impulse nature of buyers in my country (which buy the cheapest sets for they kids to save up money).

then how can you say they’re your least favorites? :imp:

1 Like

Why though? He’s the perfection of the two functions from G2.

Also this. Don’t judge a book by its cover.

2 Likes