Your Least Favorite/Most Disappointing Sets from 2016

He also (subjectively) looks really weird, those shoulders bug people, and there is such a thing as too much trans.

3 Likes

If by “perfection” you mean both functions on the same figure, he doesn’t actually improve either of the functions, and he also doesn’t look very good doing it, trans overkill and a generally awkward looking build doesn’t win him any favors.

5 Likes

They are my least favourite cause I didnt buy them, I have watched all the videos about them and pictures to get a good feel out of them and I dont like them as much as the Masters. I have done the same method before purchasing Tahu, Gali 2015, Ekimu 2015, and Umarak the hunter, and my opinions before and after purchase did not change.

You think that would be a plus, but he has that gribbled armor all the other Toa have, which I dont like (which I come to appreciate Umarak the hunter more cause he doesnt have that construction instead of going for the 2015 style of torso armor). To also add that the butt nob is just weird, which I already corrected on my umarak so it wouldnt be as obvious. While the gear fuction on the arms is nice, it does make his arms go back more than it should. I would not have this problem if his legs were not that skinny and stumpy, they ruin the set for me, toppled with the ugly hammer construction. I would really like to have the masks of that set, but thats about it, the rest of him in that construction I dont like at all.

I find this an incredibly flawed statement and mindset, specifically used in this context since this isnt a book but a toy set and the context is lost. Moreover, If you want it explained in that flawed fashion, then I had already read the pages, and decided not to purchase the book (again the analogy and the context is lost when translating it to something like a LEGO toy). This is the age of the internet, I have all the access I need to “judge the books pages and cover” before I even buy it, specially since I want the best sets and since I dont have money to waste for anything more or less I dont deem worthy of purchase with my earned money.

1 Like

So I guess every time someone uses this phrase on something that is not a book they’re wrong. danke.

Thats not what I said, and the quote you misinterpreted delibrately said ( “specifically used in this context”), it was so obviously place in the sentence, how could you misinterprate it so much, sigh, for frick sakes.

This is a toy, not a book, the things that make sense for a book would not make sense for a toy. Did I say for anything else? No. So why go and subvert my words.

Not to mention to choice of words “they are wrong” is also bad (in my opinion, just so you are clear with that, my thoughts, my opinions, my ideas, not something that is scientifically a fact), as if that has ever stopped anyone from thinking the opposite. You also forget I said “I find this…” instead of “This is”.

Well Thank you. Im sorry I went on a rant at you,I just really dont like this twist of words thing since of personal had bad experiences with it in life.

I’m sorry for misunderstanding what you said.

1 Like

The final wave of Bionicle felt lackluster, and a disappointing way to go out.

And some of the SW Buildable Figures were underwhelming for the hefty $25.00.

I liked the last bionicle wave. But I totally agree with the Star Wars figures. Those things were way overpriced. Some of the g2 sets had the same piece count and were $15. :grin:

1 Like

I still can’t believe Chirrut was $25. Cloth, i know.

i know he’s not 2016 but still

I’d say a lackluster set was the Van & Caravan:

In general it’s a pretty okay set. The outer builds are fine, but the insides of both vehicles are disappointing. The car is pretty empty and the inside of the caravan is just some sitting area and a coffee maker. Why a coffee maker? Couldn’t’ve had a bed and storage space instead? But that’s kind of it.