YOUR preferences: G1/G2 continuation, or G3?

Only if it requires knowledge of G1 lore. It/they may not. It certainly isn’t plausible, but the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

-Azani

2 Likes

Personally, I’d say G3. Or just put Bionicle to rest entirely. Just let the fans keep it alive. Unless it’s system, I can’t there’d be much new or interesting, set-wise.

No. A full on continuation would bring in new waves of sets and story arcs. I think he mainly meant serials to tie up loose endsand fill in the gaps…

Personally, I’d like to see G2 done properly, but I’d also like shortstories for G1. But a G3 would be nice too… Not really sure which I’d prefer, but I think I’ll go with shortstories for G1.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was trying to say. There are so many loose ends I wish we had some closure to. Plus, I still find the G1 universe so rich to this day. There’s still a lot of ground to cover.

While this might be true, I still feel like a G1 continuation/extra serials wouldn’t be “authentically” G1 without Greg and the rest of the story team. Maybe it’s just me?

1 Like

For a theme that LEGO would produce with sets (system): hard reboot G3

But for just a standalone story (which almost definitely wouldn’t happen): G1 continuation

1 Like

How could there be a “goal in sight” for the last few serials, when I had no idea how long they were going to be allowed to go on for? They were basically intended to be a last gift for the fans who were upset over G1 ending, but there was no way to know if they would be going on for months, or a year, or what.

6 Likes

This is a good point. Even as a writer who outlines my own stories, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to do so under the conditions Greg had to work under. That’s partly why most of the main story books were so clean and airtight, because they reflected the year-to-year nature of the story. The serials didn’t have the luxury of being BIONICLE’s central media–therefore, they couldn’t be plotted out beyond a vague notion or two…

1 Like

It wasn’t LEGO Company’s fault. After the story ended in 2010, I asked if we could keep doing serials and got told yes. But it was always clear that at some point it would not make sense to maintain BIONICLEstory.com if the line was over. There was simply no way to predict at what point a decision would get made to shut it down. Had I finished the serials I was doing, the odds are it would have been closed right after those ended.

1 Like