Zhokker Workshop

Okay. I’ll keep that in mind if I do purchase these.

2 Likes

Hello again everyone! I am glad to inform you about my CGTrader account!
I posted there models with these hands, so you can go and get them for a certain amount: 3D Designers List | CGTrader.

I am always ready to answer your questions, so do not pass by.

If you follow my work, I want to please you, this is not my first or last project.
Before these brushes, I already made one mask that I don’t plan to show you yet. But I want to warn you right away that my next project is the Mask of Light (movie edition)

5 Likes

Actually difference is pretty simple. The last falanges differ. The first belong to the Toa, and because they have them more gentle. The second type of falanges belongs to the dark, and they are pointed, which makes them sinister.

I’ll get the Umarak hands.

They’ll be for my Self-MOC.

1 Like

That’s good. I hope you’ll like it.
There is some photos by MakutaLuroka who bought it already. It really looks nice on the mocs.

3 Likes

Nice.

For reference, here’s my self MOC:

The hands are probably gonna look really out of proportion but hey, that’s life.

Actually, which hands do you think would look better? the Toa style or Umarak style?

3 Likes

Oh, didn’t even think about miniature hands, some other time. At the moment, the store has added quite a bit of cool stuff, I even added a Movie Mask of Light, made exactly like from a movie. By the way, my friend and I planned to make the same Nuparu Inika from BH hand that fires magma shells. That’s gonna be awesome.

2 Likes

I asked because I want to hear your thoughts as I’m torn between the two hand designs but I will be buying the weapon holding version of the one I pick.

Cool, should be interesting to see how that turns out.

1 Like

I made two versions, with and without an axle hole. And they’re very good. The version with the holder is very convenient, because you can even stopmotion beautiful make. I can’t say for sure, but both versions have their advantages.

2 Likes

What’s to stop a good guy character from having the Umarak hands and vise versa? Just curious.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what to advise you, it’s up to you :D.

Maybe with a weapon holder? Most of the time, it’s the only version they take. I will enclose the photo version without additions.

2 Likes

How much do you get paid for these? Percentile wise?

Edit: on Shapeways.

1 Like

For each product you can put a markup. I didn’t put the markup on hands, because the price is high enough as it is.

1 Like

Ah that’s cool.

1 Like

Well! I have officially placed my order. Fingers crossed everything turns out all right.

1 Like

Congratulations with your purchase. I got a notice, so I saw what you took. Since last time, I’ve changed the model of package, with the new price lower.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that I’ll have to carefully pry the pieces out of their box using pliers once the package arrives.

Also, I’ve been getting messages saying the model is in review and the order is being placed on hold. Should I be concerned about this?

1 Like

I modelled the box, not them. Engineers from this company suspect that the box should be stronger, although they have no idea what it is in order to easily send the finished product. At the moment they only ask to adjust the model and make it thicker, they do not like the thin walls of the small box. I made it easier to unpack. That’s what happened to the last box, so don’t worry.

2 Likes

Did you get those hands? What do you think about? There is nothing I heard from you, that’s strange.

2 Likes

Sorry about that; I’ve been a bit busy this weekend but since you asked…

Well, I’ll be honest: I was really excited to get them but I found there were some issues: the soft material made it difficult for the fingers to connect to the palm and the thumb ball was a bit wonky as it would flop and dangle when the palm faced down and some fingers didn’t stay connected to the palm of you shook the hand or bumped it. My father and I treated the pieces with liquid superglue and that’s helped with making sure the ball joints keep in their sockets and now, it’s working awesomely.

Looking at the model, I think this would work especially well if made by LEGO using their injection molds and their ABS plastic but Shapeways’ SLS plastic is pretty soft.

I highly recommend this model for anyone interested as it is a lot of fun however I do warn that the joints may not last long if the plastic is untreated and remains as it is when it arrives.

Score: 8/10: awesome model but it does need some work to harden it due to how soft Shapeways’ SLS (versatile) plastic is and exercise caution and care when using it so it can last as long as possible.

2 Likes