An Official Statement Regarding Eljay

I just realized that someone should probably preempt any “bring back Eljay” petitions.

We all love the guy, and we’ll miss him, but even if you strongly disagree with the decision to “part ways” him, think about how much worse it would be for him to come back under these conditions? Imagine how weird and awkward it would be.

So, yah. Don’t make a “bring back Eljay” petition.

The actual staff have probably already discussed this, but I felt the need to mention this anyway.

5 Likes

All of your entries were on his list to win.

5 Likes

I may be a bit late, but, this concerns me. MeNOG with Meso, if it ever even happens, won’t have Eljay. But whether or not it was his decision to leave, this is much more important.
Eljay is what introduced me to Ttv. It is heartbreaking to see him go. He was always my favorite cast member, too. I can’t believe this is real. I can understand him though. On several occasions I’ve wanted to cut ties with some of my friends. I guess I haven’t really had the courage to do that, at least I know now that I can. Hopefully Eljay is going to be active somewhere else, but no one can be sure. If he decides to visit the boards, hopefully he can see this. I am going to start an unofficial fan club. Whether it be on Discord or on Ttv I dont know. I dont know what else there is to say really.

Goodbye Eljay

5 Likes

Dude, do you not get it? These guys are still a group of friends and don’t want to share something that came between them and one of their friends. It’s far from corporate, this clearly saddened the cast to come to this. To be frank, you aren’t entitled to know. No one else really is. They can share it when ever they please to.

10 Likes

Yea this whole situation feels dirty and leaves a bad taste in my mouth… Eljay was the most enjoyable member of stuff like Brickfeed and its feels like the one that pushed this decion was the Least enjoyable member of TTV :frowning:.

Same honestly… On the bright side I have money I can spend on other creators on Patreon now!

9 Likes

I doubt I’ll even watch the channel anymore, to be honest. Eljay introduced me to TTV with the recap reviews, and I remember watching them for hours. Now I won’t even be able to watch those anymore without feeling bitter.

Eljay was my favorite TTV cast member, and I wish him best of luck on whatever career he decides to pursue.

The Miru is not a dumb mask.

12 Likes

Regarding Patreon,

Really says somethin’ about TTV when TWO OF THE THREE Patreon goals DIRECTLY involved Eljay.

Seriously, this is far far from the best of things that’s happened.

28 Likes

Who are you referring to? You make it seem like people reading should know who you’re talking about.

4 Likes

I’m really not sure how I feel about this. This might just be where I get off the TTV train. Sure, cast members have come and gone before but this is probably the biggest loss of all. None of the cast members who left before were as big a part of the channel as Eljay was.
Now, Eljay was never my favorite TTV member, but I always thought that the best part of TTV was the humorous interplay between Jon, Eljay and Var during the podcast. Losing that may greatly decrease my enjoyment of the podcast, which is the main thing I watch the channel for.
Of course, I’m not going to unsubscribe or stop watching just yet. I’ll see how things turn out. I don’t know how much I’m going to enjoy the podcast from now on, but one thing I do know is that it will never be the same again.

7 Likes

Nah, it feels to rude to directly refer to someone :confused:

4 Likes

I come back after 3 months and ElJay is no longer a part of TTV…

What? I did not see that one comming…

Either way: Stuff happens, life goes on. It’s a bummer that ElJay is no longer a part of TTV. He was the reason I got into TTV in the first place. But hey, I appreciate how this statement was handled and I hope everybody is able to move onward without any issues. Once you hit the bottom, the only place to go is up.

8 Likes

Something smells a little fishy to me.

2 Likes

So I’m gonna come at this from the perspective of someone who has relatively recently lost his best friend, or at least the person I believed to be my best friend.

The thing that the fans are doing right now is they are asking for an explanation to an emotion/series of emotions.

Friendships as they commonly are are built on emotional connections, not fact. Yes, facts are involved and common interest is a massive part of it, but those things are not the driving forces of a relationship. Personally I believe there needs to be a balance in things but that does not negate that most friendships come from personal feeling.

An emotion cannot be explained because for the most part emotions are irrational. They are biased and messy and can reflect the whole of a persons life and history. Emotions are not privy to cause and effect; they can be much more of a state of being than a sensation.

I’m going to tell all of you fans now that you will NEVER get a completely satisfying explanation to this falling out, because neither will the cast. I cannot speak for them since I am not them nor do I know them on a personal level but there just isn’t a set series of events that happen in a emotional relationship. Sure, either Eljay or any one else of the cast could’ve distinctly done something that caused the situation to spiral to this point, but you cannot explain an emotion or friendship on plain terms because it’s something you feel and are a part of. A satisfying explanation doesn’t exist no matter who gets the blame or who did or said what.

Even if you got everything presented to you and made out it still won’t make sense, because that’s just people. The only thing rational about people is our desire for rationality given our paradoxical nature. It makes sense for you to be curious or sad or whatever you’re feeling because in the strangest way you had just enough of a stake in things to be effected.

TTV’s statement may sound corporate or robotic or whatever the heck but that’s because what do you tell to a large following? There is nothing satisfying about it because either way whatever happened seems set and done; Eljay I’m sure won’t be coming back and all you’ll have is an empty feeling and regret that things didn’t go differently. There’s no need to inflame it–the decisions made seem set and throwing around their emotions and explanations and excuses won’t actually mean anything to you or them.

Sometimes things change and old wounds and histories are forgiven and repaired, often they are not. Just move on for your own sake. Unsubscribing and choosing teams and gossiping doesn’t get you anywhere. Just enjoy what is there and learn from mistakes. The bottom line is EVERYTHING could have been done differently and better. All of this could have been avoided if this and that and this and that had all been done differently, but they weren’t, because people are not perfect and we have to believe the courses taken were necessary to learning a lesson.

Stop looking for a betrayal, a story. Make your own and call it your life.

I don’t know Eljay or any of the other members of TTV personally but I will end this off by saying that I discovered the channel through Eljay. I had been looking at Bionicle mods for Minecraft (because of course this was years ago and I was still obsessed with that game) and found a funny little review/showcase of it by some guy named Eljay with a really funny sounding voice. From there I stumbled upon Biocraft on some channel I had never heard about before called the three virtues. I followed it curiously for some time because a Bionicle fan film in Minecraft just overlapped too many of my interests for me to not care. From there I got sucked into the podcast. It was confusing and bad at first but gradually I got used to the cast and little by little things improved til the point where Biocraft was canceled a long time later and I still stuck around because the channel had dug itself a little place in the larger span of my life. Thanks for all the memories from Eljay and the rest of TTV, and I hope to make many more!

26 Likes

Featuring:
@Frodos_Huna
@Lehari
@MagicNinja6195
@Matanui606
@JediTimeLord824
@Phoenix
@Wolk
@Whaddon
@Willess12

and a few others I might be missing. We got together very fast and with little planning, and Lehari led us in a memorial service for our dearly departed cast member.

This is an interesting video to have recorded, as these are live reactions recorded quite soon after the initial shock had worn off. Enjoy.

17 Likes

Wow. I always dreamed of joining the TTV channel. I suddenly don’t anymore.

I’m staying subscribed, and I’ll check out the content every once in a while, but, I’m just at a loss for words.

I just watched Eljay’s video explaining things, and he (although trying to mask it) seems to me to be at a very low point.

In my opinion, TTV can’t be TTV without Eljay, but can Eljay really still be the Eljay we know without TTV? I sorely hope so.

11 Likes

@Jon I’d like to apologise to you and the rest of the cast for how I worded my previous post on the subject. I wrote that after midnight at the end of a long day. In no way did I mean to say that you all don’t care about your friends

I think what I was thinking was that the departure seemed so sudden, which seemed more akin to business than friendships to my tired mind.

4 Likes

Yeah he does seem pretty sad at parts

6 Likes

After reading the whole thread…

Still don’t know how to feel about, also watch Eljay’s video.
I didn’t like him at the beginning because he was always like raging and harsh (for lack of a better word) in his videos, but he became more professional and he grew on me. If he still acted like he did back then in the private situations I can understand why he is fired.

That being said, I will also still be subscribed, but will cancel my patreon backing (mostly because I have not gotten the chance to take advantage of the perks, because the timing of the recordings).

2 Likes

I just do not know what to say…

Eljay was pretty much the only member I really enjoyed… I am not saying this as an insult to all the other members but… I just was not interested in their “work”.

Man… this sucks…

3 Likes

Psst…wasnt I there?

1 Like