Arcana: the downfall

Saras follows silently, while Isadau looks bored as he follows.

The area around was mostly flat, with a river a few miles to their left, though they could see a hydra on the prowl near it, along with a Forrest on the other side. To their right there was mountains, signalling the beginning of Winterfall’s territory tens of miles away. Between where small villages the the group could resupply at when needed

Edward took a passive interest in the hydra, before returning his attention to Jeromy.

@TheMOCingbird

Dispii waved at Beta as Mokuzai gently tossed her forward.

The round automaton waved back, and made a series of happy beeps and whistles.

He again activated the holographic display, showing the word “Hello” in a variety of languages.

Dispii lands on its stubby feet and looks at Mokuzai. “I can’t read. What does that say?”

Mokuzai shrugs “You don’t need to read. It just says ‘hello’ but thats not really important.”

Beta kept the display running, waiting for a response from Dipsii.

Isadau sees the hydra. “Should we take care of that?” He asks, pointing at it with his staff.

“if you wish, though it’s isn’t really bothering us.”

He shrugs. “Alright then.” He keeps walking.

Jeromy hesitated a moment before agreeing to the interview. “Fine, what do you want to know?”

Two of the robotic appendages pull out a notepad and pen from his backpack.

“So you’re a human in an animal’s body? Are you still capable of using magic? If so, has it been restricted at all? Do you ever find yourself overtaken or strongly influenced by animalistic instincts and tendencies? How long have you been like this? How well have you adapted since your transformation?”

Edward excitedly prattled off a list of questions, thrilled by the possibilities of furthering his knowledge.

“For starters, I’m not a human, never was. I’m actually an etherizes, just in the body of Geko. Why do you want to know exactly?”

“For the simple pursuit of knowledge. So you’re simply a etherite in the shape of a gecko? Fascinating. May I take a sample of your tail? I know they grow back.”

A third robotic appendage raised above his head, and a small knife blade flipped out the tip. Edward wore a massive grin. It was the only way one could really read his emotions, with his large goggles completely covering his eyes.

1 Like

“… creepy.”

“No. Definitely not.” Jeromy replied calmly.

“Very well.”
The knife retracted and the appendage returned to the ground.

“Now on to my other questions. Are you still capable of using magic? Do you ever find yourself partaking in animalistic behaviors? How long have you been like this? Tell me everything.”

Edward asked, never dropping a hint of his enthusiasm.

“No, Ive never acted like an animal, and yes I can still use magic.”

“To what extent? Has it been hampered at all by your new from? Has your transformation resulted in any changes besides your physical shape?”

The two robotic limbs above his head quickly scribbled down notes as he spoke.

“No, I can still use magic just fine, and the only things it has changed is my appetite. Crickets are actually quite delicious, you should try them some time.”