Arcana: the downfall

“Fascinating. And are you able to take full advantage of your new body? Climbing walls, detachable tail, increased range of vision, and other such abilities?”

“Yes, except for the tail, I haven’t tested that yet, and no, I don’t want you to test it now.”

“Excellent indeed.”

Edward took a step back and spoke into his recorder.
“Data Log 306. I’ve managed to interrogate an etherite that was transformed into a gecko. He has maintained all of his pre transformation mentality and abilities, as well as gaining all the abilities expected of the species. The only thing that has changed is his diet. He has yet to test the regenerative capabilities of his tail, and I have yet to collect a physical sample. Though he seems rather resistant to the idea, and may require encouragement.”

He clicked the recorder off and moved back to Jeromy.
“Thank you for your cooperation. I appreciate it.”

“Your welcome.” He said as he went back to resting in Lihem’s shoulder.

Edward then moved up to Oliver.

“So. Where exactly are we heading to now? Straight to Nordum or do we have any planned stops on the way there?”

@Ace

“We’ll make stops along the way to resupply.”

“About how long do you think we’ll be traveling?” Isadau asked.

“Please tell me you have a more specific plan than ‘Go there and see what’s happening’. An operation like this needs more foundation than ‘the almighty divine will of Lux’.”

“awhile.”

Very specific.” He comments. “Guess that’s plenty of time to prepare for the coming danger, then.”

“In the name of Pian Ya you really did set all this up without making an actual plan. You’re kidding me. You have got to be kidding me.”

“it’s the joys of adventure.”
OOC: the lack of a plan is less of an oversight, and me trying not to railroad the players more then “go west”

2 Likes

OOC: I know. I have no issue with this. In fact I’m kinda excited at the open possibilities.

IC: “At the very least. At the very, absolute least, please tell me you have a map.”

“I’ve got a compass.”

“Fantastic. On top of everything else, you’re incompetent. Consider yourself lucky I had to make almost the entire trip just to get here. Maybe this is why Lux pulled me into this little quest.”

Isadau sighs. “How long until the next town then? Maybe we can buy a map there.” He says.

“Now what would we ever need that for? We have Lux’s guiding hand and the thrill of adventure on our side. Do we really need anything more?”
Edward said with heavy sarcasm.

Isadau rolls his eyes.

“I also have a map.”

“Why didn’t you say that when I asked?”
Edward asked, more confused than angry.